45 ~ This Means War

The next day
~ Zack

"In order to stay alive you must be smart." Both of the pack's soldiers were lined up listening to my instructions. I took training very, very seriously and if anyone stepped out of line I wouldn't hesitate to pull them up on it. "Is that clear?"

"Yes sir." All of them said in unison.

"Now first things first who here is good at tracking?" Two men stepped forward. Neither of them looked the strongest but I didn't need strength at this moment in time.

"Names."

"Percy." ... "Vincent."

"Laura write those down under list one."

"Yes sir."

"Now you two I want you to focus I have two men hidden in the forest and I need you to show me you can do this at the same time as teaching the others. Half of the group will go with Percy, you will be finding Simon here is one of his shirts. The other half will go with Vincent, who will be finding James, here is one of his shirts. This activity will not only teach you how to track but it will also build your teamwork and leadership skill. You have 2 hours your time begins... now good luck."

Just like that they were all gone. Now time to get down to business.

Jane where are you all?

We are all in your office waiting for you.

Is Zara there?

Yes why?

Nothing. I was just checking I will be there in a minute.

Okay bye.

Time was of the essence, and we were running out of it. When I got to the office door I could hear muffled yells and shouts.

"What is going on in here!" I bellowed bursting through the door.

"Nothing... we were just awaiting your arrival that's all." Jane said nervously.

"Sure you were... anyway so I was thinking that we should take extra security precautions. Starting with more guards on watch."

"But how will you do that when they already have an increase in training hours."

"Easy, I've contacted the other packs and asked for some recruits. As of tomorrow we will have 200 more men."

"Well I guess that's everything for now then?" Jane said.

"Not exactly." Zara finally spoke up.

"What do you mean?"

"There's this note... it was on the gate this morning."

"What note? Show me!"

"Here." Zara passed me a small, old crinkled, piece of paper. On it it had in scribbled writing the words: You have until the next full moon, then the battle begins and ends. The message was quite clearly a threat to all of us, and I didn't like it one bit.

Everyone looked at me and the room was is silence. I had guessed that they read it given their angst for me to see the note.

"How did they get past all the guards?" All of them jumped out of there skins due to my sudden ear-splitting tone. "Well? I'm waiting!"

"We don't know Zack." I looked at my sister in disappointment, how had they all just let this happen right under our noses?

"They could've gotten to the rest of the pack! What would've happened if they took someone? We wouldn't even know!" I paused to think. "Jane go and register the entire pack-"

"But that will take forever and-"

"I don't care how long it takes just do it!" Her head sunk, I hated to do this but it was the only way to ensure everyone in the pack was safe.

"Yes alpha."

"As for everyone else get out of my sight, I'm disappointed in all of you." One by one they filed out, each one with their head down and in complete silence. "Wait there Zara I need to talk to you." Her head shot up in surprise. I sat in my chair and waited until everyone was gone.

"Right, I need to know what time you came across this note."

"Um around 7am ish. Is that all you wanted?" Zara seemed shy and very eager to leave.

"No, now take a seat. I need to talk to you about your powers. Do you still have all of them?"

"Um... I'm not really sure. Maybe... or maybe not."

"I see, well how are you feeling at the moment you certainly seem to be looking better."

"Yeah, well I've been eating more and everyone has been really helpful."

"That's good. Look Zara I can see you're a little distracted so I'm going to let you go but I will need to speak to you at some point." She nodded get head and ran out the door discretely closing it behind her.

~ Zara's POV

He can't know... Not yet...

__________________________

Hey guys I'm so so so so so so soooooooooooooo sorry this chapter has taken forever to upload! I've had extreme writers block but I'm back and hopefully past that! Thanks for reading see ya!👋
~Mia❤️
Wednesday 27th June 2018