28 ~ Ceremony

~ Zack's POV

Where on Earth are they! They should be here by now! I've been pacing for about 5 minutes now, and the ceremony starts in about 10 minutes! Come on Jane where are you.

Just mind link her you dingus!

Oooohhh yeah! Ok I'll try now.

Jane... Jane... Jane!!

It's not working!!!! Where are they!

I was turning around a corner rent when I heard someone who sounded like Zara telling Jane to slow down. It made me chuckle at the thought. When I walked into the room I saw someone come speeding towards me obviously not paying attention to what she was doing. Thankfully it was, Jane was now next to me and it took Zara a while to realise that Jane had stopped but when she stopped... well it was a bit late.

~ Zara's POV

"Ummm hi... again." If you didn't already know Zack had caught me after my... accident? Ugh, whatever the point is I fell.

"Hi" he chuckled which some what lightened my mood. "Still clumsy as ever I see."

"Yeah yeah you caught me." I looked at our current position and muttered "Literally."

"Yes well aren't you lucky." He smirked.

"Yes whatever." I giggled.

"Urg! Would you two stop flirting! I'm gonna be sick! Now come on we have a ceremony that starts in like-" Jane looked at her watch."Now! It starts now!" Zack just dropped me and ran towards the door, but stopped when he realised that it was a person he just dropped.

"Ow! Zack! Why did you do that." I groaned getting up from the floor. He just scratched the back of his head and gave me an innocent smile. I sighed but carried on towards the door.

"Sorry."

"Come on let's just get this over with."

Zack took my hand and guided me to a long staircase. Looking down it made you slightly nauseous, well that and the hundreds of people staring at you waiting for you to fall on your ass. I chuckled to myself.

"What are you chuckling at?" Zack whispered in my ear and smirked.

"Nothing." I returned the smile and walked down the stairs towards the endless crowds of people. I knew that if I told Zack, others would hear you know werewolf senses and all.

Now in front of us there was three golden steps leading to a stage with a golden pedestal. Each step was agonisingly slow  and everyone watching me made it 10 times worse, I think it was safe to say that I was shitting myself.

"You alright?" Zack asked as if noticing my tense behaviour.

"Yeah it's just this isn't really my scene that's all." I gave him a reassuring nod and walked to the side of the pedestal. It was only now that I noticed the old man with what looks like an old spell book or something.

"That's our elder. He's the one who completes any important ceremonies like this." I nodded my head and just stood there not quite sure what to do with myself.

The elder said a few word in a language I didn't know but just pretended I knew exactly what was happening, it was better than the alternative of just standing there sweating. Finally the old man walked over to me with a dagger and a golden ritual goblet.

"Do you Zara promise to always be honest and fair with our pack for as long as you live?"

"I do."

"Then with the power invested in me I will join you to our pack with a blood link please hold out your wrist." I did as he asked and for a split second there was a throbbing in my wrist but once that went I was fine. Or so I thought, my head started pounding and my vision kept blurring. I saw people clapping in the crowd but there weren't any see able faces they were just blurs.

"Zara?" There was a voice but my head was too overwhelmed to find who's voice it was.

"Ugh yeah."

"Come on I don't like how pale you look right now lets take you to your room. I think that all the mind links really took their toll on you." He got that right.

"Yeah-" as I was about to say something else my eyes were covered with an eternal darkness, but I felt safe not like the other times. Instead the darkness was comforting.

__________________________

Hey guys hope you enjoyed the new chapter 😁
~Mia❤️
Sunday 28th January 2018