Chapter 47: Proud of You

I take a deep breath, running a hand through my hair as enter the living room where Tae is waiting for me. When he spots me in the doorway, he smiles up at me as he stands.

"Ready to go, beautiful?" He asks, walking over to me and pecking my lips. I bite my lip as he takes me hand, nodding my hand nervously.

I stay silent as we head out the house, Tae's hand moving from holding mine to wrapping around my waist as he guides me to the car. Before I know it, we're already off on our way to the doctors.

It's been a couple months now since we moved out to our own place. I've not heard from Jimin nor have I seen him once since the day he found out about my being pregnant. Though, the rest of the boys have made a point to come over and hang out with us a couple of times a week when they've actually got the time.

Their manager has also been really supportive and understanding as well. He's always given Tae the time off that he needs to be able to take me to the doctor appointments I have, and even makes sure that he's home with me at a reasonable time.

He's also eased up a lot on the work he's been giving me but makes sure to at least keep giving me something. Though, he makes sure that I work from home most of the time and only come in once or twice a week at most.

I'd asked him about it at one point. Why he was so insistent of making sure Tae's home at a reasonable time even if he should be practicing with the boys or even if it means he's missing interviews. He'd simply said that he's a father himself and knows how important it is for both of us, in different ways, for him to be with me and to go through all of it as much as he can with me while managing work.

I don't think I've ever been more grateful to that man. He's definitely been right, that's for sure.

"Stop worrying about him and thinking about it so much, Lexi. You're only going to continue stressing yourself out and you don't need that, baby. It'll be okay." Tae says gently, taking my hand in his free one as he begins rubbing circles into the back of my hand. I stay silent, merely sighing softly.

It's been hard without Jimin. I've definitely appreciated the others all keeping close contact with me and coming over and whatnot. But I really wish I could have my brother here with me. Have him supporting us and there when I need him, even if everything is going smoothly with Tae and I and whatnot.

Before I know it, we reach our destination. Taehyung leans over and kisses my cheek gently with a small smile before we get out and head in.

Jimin POV

"Where's Tae at?" Kookie asks curiously as we take a break from practicing. I just roll my eyes at the mention of his name.

I'll admit. I haven't completely gotten over Chae being pregnant with Tae's kid. I really miss both of them, but it's hard just to look at either of them. I know it's something that would happen eventually, but the fact that it happened like this upsets me.

They weren't expecting it. It happened in the middle of our tour and they hadn't even been together a year yet. They weren't engaged or anything. I just, I dunno. I don't know how to feel about it. I'm just frustrated he did this to her.

"They has the doctors appointment today. They get to find out the gender today, remember?" Yoongi hyung answers as he caps his water bottle. My eyes widen at his answer, looking over at them in surprise.

"Why do you look so surprised, Jimin?" Hoseok asks curiously. I drop my head in response, feeling tears well up.

"I'm such a terrible brother." I mutter under my breath as I feel a tear roll down my cheek, covering my face with my hands.