Chapter 21: I'm Not Cold

When we get back home, there's an extra car in the driveway and I know it must be hers. Despite Tae putting the car in park and turning it off, neither of us get out. As he takes my hand in his and gives it a light squeeze, I look over at him.

"I promise, Lexi. You're the only one I want and the only one I'll ever want. I'm all yours and only yours." He says softly. Taking a deep breath, I give him a small smile as I nod. He leans over, kissing me gently as he moves his lips against mine in sync. The kiss lasts for probably a good minute before we finally pull away.

Sighing, we both finally get out of the car and head inside. With everything going on and how tired I've been all week, my mind is such a whirlwind that I've forgotten my bag once more which he grabs.

Walking in, she must've only gotten here a few minutes before us as she's introducing herself to the boys. I know I don't need to be, but the moment I see her I instantly grow jealous. She's so much prettier...

"There's Taehyung!" Jungkook cheers as we walk down the short entrance hallway to the living area. She turns around initially with a smile, one that fades into a mildly annoyed looking expression when she sees me. Though, she quickly replaces it with a fake smile.

"Hi! I'm Kim Ara. You must be Jimin's sister right? Chaemin?" She greets with the fakest tone I've ever heard. And I know what a fake tone sounds like. It's the voice I use whenever making most calls because I end up sounding like some sort of damn kind secretary, according to my friends. And I'm not a big people person. So to sound like that isn't me at all.

"Chae?! What're you doing home so early? Is everything okay?" Jimin asks worriedly as he comes to Ara's side. Biting my lip as I indiscreetly glance at Ara, I nod.

"I just got let out early, Jimin. That's all. I think I'm gonna head to bed though. It's been a long week and I'm tired." I answer softly.

"Without dinner? Lexi, you should at least be eating dinner before you go to bed." Tae immediately responds, knowing how well my eatings been going. I shoot him a mild glare.

"Lexi? I thought your name was Chaemin?" Ara asks confusedly. Oh god, her voice annoys the hell outta me. There's no way I'm gonna be able to stand her. Though, she makes matters worse as she walks over to Tae and wraps her arms around his.

"I ate earlier. I'll be fine without dinner. I'm going to bed." I speak, forcing my annoyance to stay out of my voice as I speak. I feel tears beginning to well up at the sight of her being so close to him, but I force them away so as not to let anything be caught.

"Okay. Yeah, I mean. As long as you ate earlier than it's not the end of the world if you miss dinner tonight. Besides, you really need to be catching up on sleep anyways. Go ahead and get some sleep, Chae." Jimin says with a small frown.

"What?! But... Lexi, you need to have dinner." Tae tries to argue. I just shoot him a glare as I walk off, hearing him continue arguing with the others to try and get me to eat. The rest of them don't know I've not eaten for the last two days. Hell, Tae doesn't actually know that. He just thinks I've had one small meal each day.

Despite going to my room and changing into a pair of plain black leggings and a loose gray tee shirt before getting in bed, I can't sleep. It's annoying as hell considering I've been so damn tired, but it seems to be the last thing my mind wants at the moment. Instead, my mind would rather worry about the fact that I've just left Tae out there with Ara, unknowing of what I've possibly just subjected our relationship to.

Eventually though, I manage to fall asleep, my brain going into overdrive until it's exhausted itself. Feeling someone shaking my shoulder gently, I whimper in argument to being woken as I flip myself over to the other side in attempt to stop it. However, I only get a quiet chuckle in response.