Chapter 23: Coming To Get You

"You ready for a movie night?" Jimin asks me happily as he races past me into the living room. I giggle softly at his silly antics, watching him jump onto the couch between Hobi and Jungkook.

"Here, you can come sit here, Lexi." Tae offers with a small smile, patting the open spot next to him on the couch.

"Aw, thanks, baby!" I hear Ara say from behind me as she quickly walks past me, harshly bumping into me before making herself trip. She gives me a surprised and hurtful look before pouting as she continues over to sit next to Taehyung.

"I can't believe that. Baby, did you see her? She tripped me." She whines as she curls into his side. He just sighs, nodding and giving me a small look before turning his attention to the television. My mouth drops at his reaction.

"You don't really believe that I just tripped her, do you?" I question in astonishment. He gives me a small glare but doesn't answer before looking back to the tv.

"You can come sit over here, Chae." Jimin says, waving me over in his direction. Walking over to him as I try to hide the tears that are forming, I just sit on the floor.

"Aw, no. Chae, come up here." He explains with a small frown before realizing there's not actually room for me.

"It's fine, Jimin. I'm okay down here." I tell him softly, keeping my voice quiet to try and hide the fact that my voice is growing hoarse. Jungkook shakes his head though, and soon I'm being lifting.

Squealing in surprise, I instantly cling to Jungkook as he picks me up off the floor. He just chuckles though, setting me down on the couch next to Jimin where he'd been previously sat before sitting down on the floor in front of me.

Without even realizing it, his scare had been enough to make me start crying. Quickly wiping away the tears, I give him a small frown.

"Kookie, you didn't have to do that. I was perfectly fine on the floor." I say softly. He just smiles up at me though before Namjoon plays the movie. Sighing quietly, I curl up on the couch and soon end up laying down, still curled up but with my head in Jimin's lap.

He just smiles down at me before returning his attention to the movie, not thinking much of my change in position. Though, in reality, I switched from sitting to laying down so that I wouldn't have to notice Ara being all cuddly with Tae and snuggling up to him.

Of course, it didn't help much. We're watching a romance movie. Despite my dislike for this at the moment, I force myself to suffer through so that nobody suspects anything.

Though, my will breaks when it gets to the part in the movie where the main girl walks up to find the guy she likes being kissed by the school queen. Entirely not his fault, he didn't want it but didn't shove her away instantly either despite having finally asked the main girl to go on a date with him that evening.

"Sorry, but I'm gonna go to bed. Goodnight Jimin and Jungkookie." I whisper as I quickly hurry off the couch and down the room, having noticed Ara glare over at me before kissing Taehyung's cheek directly after that scene.

They both frown up at me but don't have the chance to say anything to me before I'm gone.

Sighing in frustration the next day, I shake my head to myself as I toss my notebook to the side. Standing up, I reluctantly exit my room and head over to where everyone is at the dining table. It's lunch time so I'm not surprised to find them all there.

"You hungry, Chae?" Jimin asks, almost sounding hopeful. Giving him a small smile, I shake my head. I'd lied earlier and told them I wasn't feeling too well to get out of having to eat breakfast.