Chapter 38: To Be The Best

Frowning as I look up at my door the next day, I'm curious as to who could be knocking. Though, I don't wait long before Taehyung opens the door with Jimin right behind him.

"Hey, beautiful." He greets me, coming over and pecking my lips. I smile up at him, closing my laptop as he takes a seat on my bed with Jimin coming over as well.

"What's up, guys?" I ask curiously, trying to hide the nervousness of them both being here.

"I've been thinking... I brought you back here to Korea since you're technically family and all, but you've not met Mom and Dad yet. So, I'd like you to get dressed and so that you and I can go visit them!" Jimin explains happily. My mouth falls slightly agape at his words. He wants me to... what?

"But I thought you said your dad didn't want to see me, Jimin?" I question, recalling the information he'd given me about what happened and whatnot. He rubs the back of his neck sheepishly as he gives me a small grin.

"I know, but it's only fair that you get to meet them. Plus, Mom had said she'd been wanting to know how you've been doing and I figured it'd be the perfect opportunity. Plus, it's a week and a half before Christmas. Kind of like an early Christmas present." He says with a small smile. Biting my lip, I just nod in response.

"Okay." I answer softly, only hoping that this could possibly go well.

"I also had something I wanted to say as well." Tae speaks up with a small smile, sounding slightly nervous himself. I look over at him in confusion and fear at the same time.

"I wanna take you out on a date at the end of this week. And I thought maybe I could take you to meet my parents Saturday." He tells me with a small grin. I feel my cheeks head up slightly. We've not really gotten to go out on a proper date here yet, though we've done some small ones during the tour in different countries.

"Sounds good." I grin, still blushing slightly knowing that Jimin's right here and watching us. Tae grins over at me, pecking my lips once more.

"Good. We'll head out at six thirty Friday evening then for dinner. And all I'm telling you is that it's a fairly nice restaurant." He says with a knowing grin, kissing my cheek before hurrying out of my room. I groan in response, falling back onto my bed while Jimin simply chuckles.

"Get ready, Chae. I'll be waiting in the living room when you're ready." He says with a smile before leaving my room as well.

Huffing to myself, I drag myself over to my closet to look for something to wear. However, as the realization of the situation sinks in, I pout worriedly.

"KIM TAEHYUNG!" I shout, not wanting to leave my room at the moment as I sit down on the edge of my bed. I'm nervous to say the least right now and I don't exactly want to face any of the others potentially just to find him. Seconds later, he appears in my doorway with a worried look.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asks with a frown, not finding anything to be alarming at the moment as he walks in and closes the door behind him.

"I have no idea what to wear." I explain with a shaky voice, my emotions slowly becoming all over the place from the hormones that rage through my body due to being pregnant. He sighs, pulling me up from the bed and into his chest.

"For fucks sake, I thought something was really wrong and that it was an emergency. You could've just texted me." He says with a sigh as he hugs me. I feel myself tear up at the tired tone in his voice.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Tae." I mutter quietly, pulling away and sitting on the bed again. He just shakes his head and walks over to the closet.

"You don't have to help if you don't want. I can figure something out." I murmur, feeling tears well up at his seemingly annoyed disposition. Standing up, I just gently push him away from the opened closet door and towards my bedroom door. He frowns down at me though.