xxxvii

• Dedicated to @cityofIouis

michael woke up luke again, although the second time it went without a dick comment and pulling the other onto the floor.

still, technical difficulties ensued.

as michael and luke walked down the halls, occasionally bumping into the other in the darkness, a hand placed itself on luke's shoulder. he jumped and spun around, swinging his arms around in an odd attempt to hit whoever was behind him.

"shit-shit it's me."

michael fumbled to find luke's arms and pin them down. he exhaled. "what are you doing up, ashton?"

"following you guys."

luke moved out of michael's grip and ended up bumping into the wall. "why do you care about where we're going?"

"because michael-"

"if you say one word about me i will literally break your neck." michael threatened.

ashton did his best to contain his laugh, then said, "fine then. can we keep going?"

michael laughed with an entirely sarcastic intent. "funny." his face dropped it's expression. "get back to your room."

ashton crossed his arms over his chest.

michael exhaled. "luke go on ahead."

as soon as he started to walk towards ashton, ash tried to duck around him. one thing led to another, and luke ended up waiting next to the hidden door while michael tried to carry ashton back fireman-style. and doing that quietly was another task all it's own.

"that was excruciating." michael said, closing the door behind him and walking toward's luke.

"well we might have another problem." luke said, gesturing towards the section of the wall where the door was.

michael glanced over and finally noticed the big black box on the wall that hadn't been there before. "um, what's that?"

"i don't have a clue."

after rolling his eyes, michael took a better look at the box. it was just exactly that- a black box with a slot in the top and some sort of material on the bottom; it felt like the same thing that you made screen doors with.

literally two days past and this happens michael thought, trying to figure out if it was worth it to try and rip the thing off the wall.

the door behind them opened suddenly, and luke and michael both jumped and spun around, ready for the worst. ashton and calum both jumped as well.

michael exhaled. "what the hell?"