xxxviii

i want to write louis and kris, but i've sort of figured out that the interesting story really is with the 5sos boys and everyone back home so expect more of that. but kris and louis will get their chapters, especially once they're back.

also, this update took a while longer because i found it harder to write for some reason, and also i started high school!! at first it was downright terrifying and i had breakdowns every day the first week but it's getting better. but that means that updates are going to take significantly longer to crank out because god knows i'm going to turn into a hurricane of destruction as the year progresses. sory :-(

plus side- once i finish the fic christian will murder me and i won't have to do school anymore.

speaking of i wonder how long it's going to take him to realize i updated

--

 the four boys had an interesting time trying to sneak around.

michael had a grand list of zero possibilities for passwords when ashton and calum hurried into his room, partly running and partly trying to keep the appearance of calm walking.

"hi." michael said, eyeing them up and down.

calum smiled, slightly out of breath. "hey. the box-thing's voice activated."

"and jacob was literally three seconds away from catching us but that's besides the point." ashton added. "did you actually come up with any passwords?"

michael glanced at the blank sheet of paper he had, then gave ashton a look. "blow me."

"i figured as much. okay, we'll find luke. have fun with your paper." ashton smiled sarcastically before putting his arm around calum and swinging the two of them out the door.

luke, as it turned out, had been the only one to do his job 100% properly. although it would've taken some serious craftiness to mess up inconspicuously hearing someone's voice.

that night, sneaking out with the silence only those particular four could manage, they found that once luke spoke a single word in jacob's voice, the box made a blip-like noise and the door slid open. michael was the first one to try and step in.

"hold up," calum grabbed him by the shirt collar and pulled him back. "your obvious death wish isn't going to get all of us killed."

michael shrugged. "what? the last time luke and i looked, it was unnerving because we didn't know what we were doing." he wrenched cal's hand away. "and second, we're a four-man team. whatever jacob's doing back there, we're fucking finding out."

he moved out of arm's length and started walking down the dark hallway, not looking back to see if the others were following.

"give me a reason why we don't just let him go?" ashton said, glancing at the other two.

luke rolled his eyes. "because goddamn it he's going to have to die in a classier place than this."

he didn't give either of them time to argue and started heading after michael himself. the pair of footsteps behind him were enough confirmation. it took a little longer to find michael, but they managed to group together without bumping into each other too many times.

eventually, they came across the door again. this time without the light on the other end having been turned on. michael was hyper-aware of the thoughts running through his friends' heads; all of which could be summed up to either anxiety about what was on the other side or wanting to kick themselves for going along with this plan.

michael had to admit he was beginning to slip into that second demographic.

after a glance over his shoulder- which didn't help; no one could see three inches in front of their faces- michael felt around for the door handle, tightened his grip once he found it, and took a deep breath.

"alright, come on." he whispered, half to alert the others and half to try and find that blind craze that had been running through him before. without any response from the other three, michael pushed open the door.

--

also that hi hey placement was too obvious sorrY im a better fan than that i promise

by the by i sound really shallow but i'd love to see more comments bc i don't get a ton of feedback and it'd be nice to see what you guys like and don't like !!

stats;

date- september 1st, 2014

reads- 2,246

words- 753 (so short kms)

comments- 14

votes- 30