Lxii

| “it’s so quiet here, and i feel so cold. this house no longer feels like home.” ‘so cold’, ben cocks |

"kris!"

kris stopped, practically feeling her knees lock up. unlike before, an almost painful chill flowed over her. after a moment, without moving the rest of her body, kris turned her head to look over her shoulder.

louis was standing nearly thirty feet away. he held up his hands tentatively to show he meant no harm. kris finally turned her body as well, taking several steps back.

"kris?" louis took a few breaths quietly as he called her name again, softer. "it's-it's just me."

kris shook her head. it felt like all the fear she'd had suppressed was coming back intensely more powerful. "no, no you need to get out of here."

louis briefly debated stepping foreword. "it's just me, i'm not going to hurt you."

"i'm not worried about you hurting me, louis."

"hey, it's okay." louis finally put his hands down and tried to make himself appear calmer. but there was a slight shake in his voice that betrayed how terrified he truly was. of being hurt. of hurting her. of losing her. "no one's going to hurt anyone, we just want you to calm down and come back home."

"i can't." her voice broke on the final word.

"yes you can." louis took two steps foreword.

"no, i can't. i-i'm-"

louis was a bit closer now, 25 feet or so. he was barefoot, and multiple cuts and scrapes were on his legs and arms. kris took a step back.

"please go." she said softly.

louis shook his head.

"go."

"i'm not going anywhere without you, we're going to work this out."

he'd continued to move closer, now sixteen feet away.

"you're going to get hurt."

"nothing's going to happen to me, kris."

ten feet, now.

"please, louis, i'm going to hurt you and i literally cannot live with myself if that happens."

"kris."

practically inches away now.

kris felt her breath catch in her lungs as she looked up at him. she knew she could run. run, push him back and protect him from her and jacob and everything that was capable of happening to him.

louis put his hand on the side of her face.

--

stats-
date; january 8th, 2015
words; 395
reads; 4,510
votes; 193
comments; 59