xxxvi

• Dedicated to @peterpanxlou

 louis and kris decided they would only stay away for five more days.

louis tried to shoot for six, but they had to draw the line somewhere.

as the day slowly began to fade into night, the two never left the tiny hotel room. their tattoos began to itch a bit. and kris had another nightmare.

this time, the dream wasn't tied to the young louis- and, speaking of, she knew she had to analyze that rather soon.

kris found herself locked inside a small closet, with nothing inside except for a few articles of clothing and a statuette on one of the shelves. after establishing that, kris took a step forward and tried to force open the door; to no avail, as whatever was locking it from the outside was stronger than her.

rapidly, the claustrophobia of the situation began to settle. kris made herself stand in the middle of the closet as her chest began to heave quicker and quicker with each passing second. how was she supposed to get out? her past dreams had been looks into the past of some sort; what was this? prediction of a mental breakdown?

after kris had a while to calm down, she tried to look at the inside of the closet to figure out anything as to why she was there. that's when she noticed the statuette again. despite how dark it was, the small amount of light there was was enough to give the figure a form. it was jesus on the cross, which did anything but help to make the scene happier.

but then kris focused a little closer. from seemingly nowhere, a bit of liquid dripped down from the statuette's left hand and down it's arm. soon more of the same substance trickled down the figure, and kris realized that she was watching blood. a knot formed in the back of her throat.

just as more lines of blood began to crisscross the statuette, kris woke up. just like that. her throat was dry, and her heart was still pounding, but at least there was the safety from the closet. trying not to make much of a noise, kris sat up and looked around. she was still on her bed, and louis must've been in his. aside from the vents above, there was nothing but silence.

kris exhaled and fell back into the bed, bouncing slightly. dreams were a product of the subconscious, they weren't meant to be very realistic. unless you were like calum. and kris had had two dreams in a row that were tied to louis; this one had broken the chain. still, was it a dream or was she going to be forced into a closet with a bleeding jesus sometime soon? the sensation still kept a knot in her throat.

the clock read 7:45am. hardly any light from the almost-over sunrise made it past the curtains. kris laid there, moving her fingers against each other anxiously. every thought she chased led to a blank path. it all led to nothing. and it was all she could do to keep herself from standing up and wearing a path into the floor.

a long ten minutes later, kris forced herself to think of something else. and her eyes landed on her hands, still jittery and restless. she hadn't had an outburst in a while, and she really didn't know why. she could've been getting a better handle on it, could've been louis, could've been any number of strange factors that she couldn't figure out.

but what would happened if there were an outburst; if she messed up? as far as she was able to guess, there wasn't a safe haven in their area. kris could ruin everything with one misstep.

"kris?"

kris jumped, putting her hands against the bed and looking up. louis was in the doorway for about a second before he walked inside and sat at the foot of the bed.

"you need to have a bell on you." kris forced a smile, rubbing her eyes a bit.

louis smiled. "so i'm told. why're you up?"

"another dream. you?"

"i just so happened to wake up at this ungodly hour. go figure."

before anything else could happen, something buzzed. louis turned a little, pulled out his phone, typed something, and put it back.

"who was that?" kris asked.

"harry, just giving me check-ups on what's going on back home."

kris raised an eyebrow.

 "what? it can't hurt." louis shrugged.

"okay, i won't question the fact that most people don't wake up at eight in the morning-"

"that's debatable."

"-but we agreed that we wouldn't worry about that."

"i worry too much, it's a bad habit." louis said, "but i'll keep it to a minimum, promise. once a day updates only."

kris was still on-edge, for no particular reason that she could pin down, except maybe that she worried to much about louis too. regardless, she nodded.

"yeah."

after a few seconds, louis rocked back and forth before laying himself across the bed and staring up at kris.

"what?" kris asked, a smile playing at her lips.

louis shrugged, or as best he could in the position he was in. "nothing; just sort of hit me how pretty you are."

kris rolled her eyes and laid down as well so that they were facing each other properly. "pretty is just a pretty word."

"are we going to become metaphorical now? because i'm afraid i burned out my inner emo poet sometime around 3am."

kris closed her eyes and laughed. "is this going to be what we talk about- emo poets? because i can feel someone getting offended."

louis moved himself so he was still facing kris and his head was now resting on top of his arms. "well it's eight in the morning and we have no plans for four days, i see no reason why we can't."

that made kris laugh again and she'd impressed but not really surprised if this was all they did for the next 96 hours. "well if all else fails, we can always set something on fire."

"you sound way too much like the fire twins, dear god."

"fire twins?"

"it's been their nickname since about two minutes after i'd met them, i take pride in it."

kris shook her head. "amazing."

talk of arson. what a way to start a day.

--

jesus this chapter was so bad kms but that's what happens when i don't prewrite/write most of the chapter at 3 in the morning whilst hungry. and did i mention i can't write romantic scenes without doubting myself 400 times bc yeah they can't ever be semi-realistic can they

also 1.7k reads you guys are amazing ilysm i know i keep talking about reads every chapter but it means a lot that people read this considering how awful most parts are so thank u

*important* okay so on the right you'll find the finally finished concealing trailer. so far, it's available on desktop and mobile, so take a look!

stats;

words- 1184

reads- 1764

comments- 14

votes- 28