Lxi

the effects of the injection began to wear off a little too late.

or a lot. a lot late. the latter was probably more correct.

kris was walking down the middle of the street, hands clenched into white-knuckled fists at her side. goosebumps were now consistently present on her skin. the anger and blind emotion overtaking her, however, was slowly but surely melting into a haze.

then, multiple police sirens caught her attention. kris stopped, glancing around. the cars then pulled onto the street ahead of her, stopping probably half a football field away. there were five in total, and five officers came out brandishing guns. one of them ordered her to get to the ground, else they'd shoot.

kris felt her lips form into a one-sided smile. she softly turned her head up. she could feel the emotion she was portraying; like she was egging them on to do something. several seconds passed with nothing other than looks exchanged.

then, suddenly, a shot rang out. kris threw her hand up in an instant. the bullet hovered in the air in front of her, just about a foot from her face. kris grinned again and let it drop to the ground with a soft clink. the officers appeared to be in a state of shock, standing in place with the same dumbfounded expression.

in a split second, kris dropped the smile and let a stone cold expression replace it. she whipped the hand already up to the side. the chain reaction was the farthest car slamming into the one next to it, and the same thing continued down the line. what officers weren't crushed hardly escaped intact. kris instantly began to move towards them, walking at the fastest pace she could manage. she threw her other hand up, resulting in the cars being flung back further.

one of the officers stood up and fired off several rounds. kris stopped them as she had done before, then practically boomeranged them back at him. in a matter of seconds, she couldn't tell if their bodies were lifeless or not. in another motion, she swiped her hand to the side and moved the cars out of her path. her hands trembled at her sides, athough that went nearly unnoticed to her as well.

almost having passed the carnage, something in the corner of her vision moved. kris threw her hand out and closed it. there was an almost crunch-like sound, though she couldn't clearly distinguish it as such. she exhaled, popping her shoulder. and she took another step foreward.

in the new ringing silence, a pair of footsteps softly echoed in the street. kris exhaled and prepared to ignore it and carry on.

"kris!"

--

stats-
date; january 7th, 2015
words; 465
reads; 4479
votes; 192
comments; 59