xx

• Dedicated to @LWTCUTIEPIE

luke woke up to michael tapping on the window. irritated, he groaned and rubbed his eyes with the back of one hand.

"what do you want?" he mumbled.

"i hear voices." michael answered.

"you can read minds, you're always hearing voices."

"they're new voices, twat. and, god, they're loud."

luke came within a few seconds of telling him exactly how much he didn't care when there was a sharp sound of metal grinding against metal. someone made a "shh" noise.

"who's banging around out there?" ashton joined in on the conversation, voice alert.

"wake up calum." michael told him. "now; come on."

there was about twenty seconds of creaking and muffled voices.

"he's awake."

luke sat on his knees and stared at the dark outline of the door. he was scared out of his mind.

"michael?" he whispered, "what're they thinking?"

"they're looking for someone." he answered in an equally tense voice. "they sound too young to be one of them, but... i don't know."

ash spoke up. "um, i hate to interrupt, but i think i hear them too."

it was impossible for him to have mutated mind reading that quickly, which meant they were close. luke put one foot on the ground, then the other. he quietly walked foreword to the door and put his ear against it. there were a few voices to be heard on the other side.

"okay, if i tore off every door in this place, someone would hear and come running."

"according to harry, the guard isn't going to be an issue for a while."

"we took care of him?"

"yeah, out cold."

"...was that a pun?"

"if we're going on record, no."

luke then jumped as he heard a loud grinding noise from the room next to him. he had yet to hear any names or motives, though michael was probably being hounded with them. luke took a few steps back, his heart pounding. no one had said anything to each other since the voices had been audible to all.

something banged against his door, and a small beam of light shone in. there were several loud cracks, and the door fell backwards into the room. luke stumbled back and fell onto his bed. he stared at the boy in the doorway. he didn't look like someone who'd just ripped the door hinges off the wall' soft eyes and a build that didn't at all resemble some muscular beast.