xxxiv

• Dedicated to @tinykidlou

kris woke up around six, louis having gotten back onto the bed after harry had called. his arm was placed gently around her shoulders. once that registered, kris smiled softly and inched closer to him.

it was 6:45 am.

eventually, as the sun began to brighten the room and the curtain did less and less to contain the light, louis slowly woke up.

"louis?" kris whispered after a few minutes of soft silence.

"mm? yeah?"

"what are we?"

louis thought for a moment. "is that a literal or metaphorical question, because i have answers for both."

kris closed her eyes and smiled. "no, i mean... what are we. us."

seriousness replaced the smile on louis's face. "well, what do you want us to be?"

"is that how it works?"

"...sort of?"

they both smiled again, their faces close but not close enough to get the other's morning breath.

"really though," louis said, "what are you comfortable with? that's the most important part."

kris exhaled, her heart beat starting to become uneven.

"do you want us to be an official thing?"

"yeah." kris swallowed. "yeah."

louis nodded,  smiling again. "alright."

"that's it?"

"that's it."

kris laughed softly under her breath. "alright, so what do couples do? under the assumption that what i know is complete crap."

louis thought, pouting out his lip for effect. "well, generally they act just like best friends except they display disgusting amounts of affection in public and kiss and stuff like that."

"easy then." kris held out her right arm. "can we start with a hug, then?"

louis laughed. "you're something else."

the hug was nice though, and they laid there in that position for a longer time than was probably required.

it was still nice though.

i don't want to annoy my friend so i wrote this while she's like six inches from me bYE SORR Y

also literally like the shortest chapter in the book oops. and very sappy. which i cannot write well let me tell you. just oh my god this is such a lazy update im sorry i promise there's going to be a good update next time im so sorry

oh well there's plenty of action and bloodshed in the end to balance it out hA

stats;

words- 385

reads- 1540

comments- 14

votes- 25