Li

jacob had done little explaining.

by this point, kris was used to being overwhelmingly confused by what was around her; having specifically started when she'd been introduced to louis, and there was nothing but more being given to her daily. still, the amount of information she knew was being withheld from her was frustrating. even with the "partnership" they had going, they rarely met in the room. when they did, all the two ever did was talk. childhood, mostly.

and kris managed to find out a bit about jacob.

"my dad was a fairly huge asshole." jacob said one day. "and my mom was the side with the powers genetics, but i guess her genetics skipped her over or something. yours?"

kris shrugged. "according to my mom, my dad left about two years after i was born. he might've been where i inherited all this from, but, i don't know."

"you think he was a good guy?"

"had to have been, to have put up with my mom for as long as he did."

jacob smiled a little at that, in a sort of sympathetic kind of way. "my parents tried a fair bit too, i guess. they all start out trying, anyway. me and him didn't click though; fought almost as much as he did with my mom."

"did you ever hurt him?"

"what makes you think that?"

"it felt like that's where you were headed."

jacob smiled again, sadder maybe. a hint of some repressed anger. "i sort of snapped one day. threw him out a second story window, just like that; ended up killing him. was put into juvenile detention for a few months until i was taken out and picked up for being telekinetic."

kris didn't speak at first; she couldn't. in such little emotion and in little to no details he'd outlined a truly frightening scene to imagine.

"h-how old were you?"

"ten, i think."

admittedly, kris felt a bit sorry for him. and she could only imagine what such a time in detention would further do to him.

' but cruelty does not condone further cruelty. ' at least now kris had reasons for his, at times, animalistic, if not overall sadistic, behavior. if anything, though, she felt more sorry for the person he'd been up until that incident took place. when he had some form of a chance to turn out anything like the way he had ended up.

eventually that conversation meshed into many others. although neither of them would ever think this situation in such a way, their alliance was a strange look into the other. two individuals with similar powers, who could've turned out exactly the same, who had turned out very different.

bitter, in some ways strangely comforting, bits of irony.

soon, weeks beginning to slow down into days, some conversation finally took place about jacob's plan.

"by the end of the month, we should have everything," jacob motioned with his hands in a particular fashion. "wrapped up with a nice little bow, i guess. from there it's really up to you when you want to get things going."

kris hesitated. "i-i still don't know what i'm supposed to do. how is anything i can do going to convince people that we mean good?"

"the first step for them is knowledge." jacob said, "if they know we exist, we're that much closer to freedom. all we'd do is give you a bit of a... moral booster, i'd guess you'd call it. from there you can do whatever you see fit."

"what happens if they don't react... well?"

jacob smiled a little. "that's just a risk i guess. don't worry, we'll be fairly close by; and you can always defend yourself if it comes down to it."

kris wasn't fond of that idea. for him, sure, flinging aside a few people was easy. but every time she'd used her powers out in the world, within recent memory, she'd fled or completely panicked. she couldn't remain comfortable using them in a minor situation, how could the anything possibly improve if she were under even more pressure?

"i might be ready by the time you guys are." she stated at last.

jacob smiled again, in a way that danced the line between friendly and plotting. "alright. we'll talk again about it when it's time. two weeks."

"two weeks. okay."

--

ok we're forreal like three chapters from the end and  i've hyped it up too much i'm not good enough a writer to deliver on it so lower your standards lmao

random side-bit-note listen to "no strings on me" idk who it's by but it's in the age of ultron trailer and i think it's sOO jacob's character like fighT ME ON THIS

stats;

date- october 26th, 2014
words- 804
reads- 3,524
comments- 16
votes- 69