xxii

it apparently took six phone calls to get the next flight home secured.

everyone but louis, kris, and niall were sluggish. niall and louis were always full of energy, so that was no surprise, and kris was full of a different kind of energy.

"okay, we need to be on the road to the airport in twenty minutes." harry announced before pausing to take a long drink of coffee. "everyone should be ready in fifteen."

courtney heated up breakfast herself- quite literally- while niall began talking to the four new boys. they seemed to hit it off almost instantly.

"so you can mimic people? flawlessly?" niall asked luke.

luke nodded. "yeah, so long as i've heard their voice before."

michael glanced over. "he wants you to do it, twat."

"will you shut the fuck up?" luke responded, perfectly imitating michael's voice.

niall barely managed to contain his laughter. "that's brilliant."

"dick." michael mumbled, leaning back and closing his eyes. "i hate to be that guy, but we should probably be doing  something more productive than making fun of me."

"oh, we totally should, but this is way more fun."

"just pray you don't think about anything particularly life-ruining today."

niall took the conversation off that track. "so, anyway, what about you two?" he looked at calum and ashton.

ash answered first. "telepathy, kind of. it takes a while of getting in sync with a person, but i can put my thoughts in other people's heads."

"and i can see the future." calum deadpanned.

that caught harry's attention on the other end of the room. "pardon?"

"i can see big events before they happen." he said, "i sleep, and it's like a movie. and then it happens, down to the finest details."

michael went on to explain further. "and he has to be asleep if he's seeing anything; it isn't just like random premonitions in the middle of a mcdonalds."

"that has to be hell." ashlyn said, coming into the room, adjusting one strap on her tank-top. "i mean, you have to see things that are going to happen without any idea if you can change it or not."

calum tried to shrug it off.

harry began to slowly walk over. "you were in that place too, so what can you do?"

"it's what i have." she corrected, adjusting the same strap again.