i dont wanna be your friend i wanna kiss your neck

Michael liked touching Luke, it didn't matter where they were or what they were doing. Michael would hold his hand, put his arm around Luke's waist, cuddle with him when they were alone, put his hand on Luke's thigh and hug him whenever and where ever. Michael just loved touching Luke, and Luke did not mind it one little bit.

Their friendship was odd to say the least, most confused them for a couple. They acted like they were one. Michael was always complementing Luke, going red when Luke complimented him as well and smiled when he made Luke blush too. He always told Luke how great he looked in anything and everything he wore.

Luke never questioned Michael when he did these things, mostly because he liked it. He liked feeling special to someone. He'd been with some girls and even some guys (Michael always looked slightly jealous and upset when Luke would tell him who he went on a date with, Luke never asked why) but no one ever made him feel like Michael did.

Luke was content with how they were, in fact he was more than content. Michael made him happy and that's all that mattered to him. He loved being Michael's friend.

-

One day at lunch Michael sat down across the table from his two other friends Calum and Ashton. Luke wasn't there today, he told Michael he was going on a date with some guy. It left Michael with a heavy heart for the rest of the day and he didn't know why. Luke was his friend. Just his friend.

His friends didn't look very happy with him when he sat down. He gave them a questioning look, he hadn't done anything wrong that day. He'd barely spoken, what could he have possibly done?

"don't act like you don't know Michael, this has been going on for a while" Ashton told him, and rolled his eyes.

Michael sighed. "I honestly don't know what you're talking about and frankly, I don't want to know."

"you do know Michael" Ashton told him again.

"no I don't Ash, just fucking tell me" he snapped. He was having a bad day, and them doing this made his day even worse. Thinking about Luke with anyone else made Michael physically sick and it bothered him that he didn't know why.

"you need to stop flirting with Luke all the time if you have no intention of asking him out" Calum finally told him.

Michael looked at them confused. Why were they bringing this up now? Actually, why were they bringing this up at all?

"I don't flirt with Luke" Michael told him, looking down at his food.

"you're getting his hopes up for nothing and it needs to stop, if you hurt him Michael, I swear to god-"

"how am I getting his hopes up? in case you didn't know, he's on a date right now. he's definitely not interested in me like that and who said I even liked him like that?" Michael asked, getting frustrated.

"you should hear how he talks about you, he talks about you all the time. when he likes someone he won't shut up about them Michael, he likes you. so just don't keep doing this if it's going to end up with him getting hurt because I'm not kidding when I say I will personally kick your ass" Calum told him, before stealing some of Michael's fries.

Michael turned to look at Ashton to see what he had to say, but he simply sat there nodding. Michael sighed once again and got up. He walked out of the cafeteria then out of the school, his mind racing. Did he like Luke? He'd never actually sat down and thought about it, but doing that now he realized that he didn't like Luke. He loved him. That's why his heart raced every time Luke was near, that's why he always had to be close to Luke, why he always wanted Luke's approval on everything. It all made sense, he was in love Luke. He guessed he always kind of knew he liked Luke in the back of his mind, there were always these feeling he tried to push back, he was just too scared to admit it to anyone, even himself, till now.

Michael starts making his way to Luke's house. He needs to know if Luke likes him, he needs to know if Calum was telling the truth or if he was just saying that. He didn't why this had suddenly become so important to him, but it had. He felt his stomach do flips as he got closer to Luke's house. He was nervous as hell.

He finally got to Luke's house and his shaky hands knocked on Luke's front door. It had totally slipped Michael's mind that Luke was probably still on his date now. Moments later, the door opened and there stood Luke, looking perfect as always.

"Michael? what are you doing here? shouldn't you be at school?" Luke asked, not even bothering to say hi.

"do you like me?"

"what? Michael you-"

"do you like me Luke?"

"of course I like you, you've been my best friend for years" Luke told him, looking genuinely confused as to why Michael was asking.

"no, I mean do you like like me?" Michael asked, feeling like a elementary kid with a silly crush.

"I-" Luke started and stopped. Of course he liked Michael, but did he like him like that? Michael made him feel things that no one else did, Michael was constantly on his mind, even when Luke was around other guys. Michael was the first person he thought of when he woke up. Yeah, Luke thought. He kind of loved Michael. A lot.

"Luke you-" Michael started but got cut off by Luke's lips. His lips felt a little chapped and the kiss was eager and messy but some how it was greatest kiss Luke had ever had.

"I love you, you idiot" Luke told him with a smile once he pulled away.

Michael never made it back to school that day, he was too busy making out with his new boyfriend.

A/N: hey guys!! the title is from the song "falling for you" by the 1975, I love them lots. I think their songs are just really awesome and their lyrics are amazing. Anyways, I got this idea from another fanfic I read, I thought it was really cute and mine is kind of different, because I didn't want to copy her but kind of similar. I hope you guys liked this. comment and vote please, ily all lots and I hope you have an awesome day!! Also, if you have a fan account on instagram comment below and I'll follow you on mine!! :) x