amnesia

It had been almost three months since Michael had just left. He said he had to go and think about things. He was crying too and then he just left leaving Luke very, very confused. He tried calling Michael thousands of times, but each time it just went to Michael's voice mail and each time Luke felt a little bit of his heart break. He tried texting Michael too, but never got a reply. There were rumours going around that he moved to the town his grandparents lived in, and moved in with them. Luke was desperate to talk to him, he even wrote letters and sent them there. Luke thought about going over there, he thought about that a lot but he never went. He was always too scared. Scared that Michael wouldn't want to see him, scared he'd find Michael with someone else. There were many ways it could play out if he went and all of them scared Luke.

After two months, and a four days Luke heard Michael's old friend Stacy talking to her boyfriend Chase about Michael. He heard Stacy say something about her going to visit Michael, and she went "third wheeling" with Michael and some guy. Luke went home and cried for the rest of the day. He knew it was pathetic to cry, or maybe it wasn't. But he sure felt pathetic, he was putting all his energy into something that Michael had forgotten all about. He hoped Michael hadn't forgotten though. He thought about Michael every day, thought of all the times Michael had told Luke he loved him. The first time they kissed, the first time they made love. Michael was his first love. Sometimes Luke just wanted to forget about all those things, it hurt too much to remember them.

"Luke, this is really beating you up huh?" Ashton, Luke's best mate asked one day.

Luke shrugged, he really didn't want to talk about Michael. He was certain he'd burst into tears.

"why don't you go see him? I'll go with you if you want, you know for support or whatever" Ashton suggested.

"I don't think so" Luke told him.

"why? you really miss him, I know you do. I can tell" Ashton said. "you're not doing well without him Luke, I think you should see him. At least to get closure or something" he added.

Luke stayed silent, and thought it over. He really did want to see Michael. "what would I say to him?" Luke asked.

"tell him how you feel about what happened" Ashton told him with a shrug.

"okay" was all Luke said.

"okay, you'll go?" Ashton asked. Luke nodded. "fucking finally, I hate seeing you all sad like this"

 "why'd you bring your guitar?" Ashton asked, as Luke got into his car.

It had been two days since Luke decided he should go see Michael. "because, I'm better at expressing how I feel through song" Luke stated, as he put his guitar in the backseat of the car.

"you wrote him a song?" Ashton asked, impressed.

Luke nodded. "that's cool man, I'm sure he'll like it" Ashton said and smiled at his friend.

It took them a while to get there, and Luke was a bundle of nerves the whole time.

"Ashton, I'm not sure this was the greatest idea, maybe we should turn around" Luke said, when they were almost there.

"no, you're going there and you're singing to him. I did not drive all this way for you to chicken out" Ashton told him sharply.

"okay, but you're staying in the car" Luke told him.

Ashton rolled his eyes. "obviously Luke"

When Ashton pulled up in the driveway, they sat there for almost a half an hour.