because I love you

Luke and Michael were laying in Michael's bed, side by side. Michael was tracing patterns with his fingertip on Luke's hand. Luke's heart was racing, and he felt chills. Being close with Michael made him feel things, things he probably shouldn't feel around his best friend. best friend. Was that what they really were? They didn't act like best friends, they both knew that. They were always in each other's space, and they always held hands, and kissed one another's cheeks. They've almost kissed each other's lips several times. They never spoke of what they were doing though, or what they were. They just had this kind of understanding. It seemed odd to others, but to them it felt right. They understood each other.

"Michael?" Luke asked, after moments of silence.

Michael hummed in response, as he continued to trace patterns.

"you're coming to my party right?" Luke asked.

"of course I am" Michael told him, and looked at him curiously. "why would I miss it?"

"I don't know" Luke told him. "I just wanted to make sure you were coming, I'm not looking forward to it but knowing you'll be there just makes it easier"

Michael smiled a little. "I wouldn't miss it for the world babe"

Luke blushed at the nickname, and hid is face in Michael's chest. They then fell into silence, but it wasn't an awkward silence, nothing was ever awkward between them.

-

A week passed, and it was the day of Luke's party. Michael arrived a bit later because he had trouble picking out what to wear. When Luke let him inside, he had the biggest smile on his face.

"I'm so glad you're here, Calum is driving me crazy" Luke told him, as they hugged.

"doesn't he always?" Michael asked.

"touché" Luke said and laughed.

Luke led him in the living room, which was fairly big. Tons of people were there, people from their school, Luke's old child hood friends and Luke's family. Michael recognized some of them, from family get togethers that Luke invited him to.

"my uncle is already drunk, and he's been here fifteen minutes" Luke told Michael and rolled his eyes.

Michael chuckled slightly.

"my family drives me crazy" Luke said.

Michael was about to say something, but the doorbell rang.

"I have to get that, I'll be right back" Luke told him and ran to get the door.

Michael watched him run, and smiled slightly. Luke was adorable. Michael stopped staring, when someone tapped him on the back.

"hey man" Calum said, with a wide grin.

"hey Cal" Michael said, and smiled at his friend.  "where's Ash?"

"in the washroom, he ate some seafood before he came and apparently it didn't agree with his stomach"  Calum told him.

"okay then" Michael said, and looked around the room. People were dancing to the music that was playing, and people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

"Michael" a voice called out.

Michael turned to look in the direction of where the voice had come from. It was Luke's aunt.

"hey" Michael said, and smiled at her. He walked over to her.

"how are you sweetie? it's been awhile"

Michael nodded. "yeah, I'm good. What about you? How have you been? Luke told me you moved out to Florida" he said, trying to start conversation.

-

Luke walked back into the living room, and scanned the room looking for the one person that actually mattered to him. Michael. Luke spotted him talking to some of his family members. He smiled to himself, as he watched Michael talk with enthusiasm. Michael was too cute sometimes. Minutes later, Michael and his Aunt were dancing together to an upbeat song. Luke just stood back and watched, a smile never leaving his face. He loved how Michael always made an effort to get along with his family. He loved how sweet Michael was, and how much Michael cared about others. He loved the way Michael's eyes lit up when he talked about something he loved. He loved Michael's sense of humour, and he loved Michael's voice, He loved Michael. He was in love with Michael.

Luke always knew there were feelings there, it was obvious. But Luke never really thought about if he was in love with him until now. It just hit him like a ton of bricks. He was in love with Michael, and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Michael. Michael was the one he wanted to wake up next to every morning, and the one he wanted to fall asleep next to every night.

Once the song ended, Luke ran up to him and grabbed his arm.

"what?" Michael asked confused. Luke said nothing, and dragged him out of the room and up the stairs to his bedroom.

"Luke, is everything alri-" Michael was cut off by a pair of lips attacking his. Michael was caught off guard for a moment, but kissed back. They kissed for what felt like forever, and they some how ended up on Luke's bed.

"Luke, why now?" Michael asked, while Luke kissed his neck.

"because I love you" Luke told him, matter of fact.

"I love you too, have for a while" Michael admitted.

Luke stopped kissing Michael's neck, and curled up next to him. Michael grabbed his hand and they laid there saying nothing.

"this is much better than my party, being with you is way more special" Luke told him with a smile.

Michael nodded in agreement. "happy birthday babe" he said, and kissed Luke softly.

A/N: what is this? I don't know, this was very random and weird and idk if I like it but I hope you guys do! comment and favourite please. thanks for all the reads. I hope you all have a great day/night.  let me know what you think please? x :)