traditions

Luke and Michael were best friends, and being best friends meant they knew almost everything about each other. (even things they didn't want to know) It also meant inside jokes, lots of them and weird traditions.

-

It was Saturday, the boys were in Milan for a concert. They were nervous, but mostly excited. They loved being on stage. It was basically their second home. It's where Luke felt most comfortable, which probably seemed odd to most people. But to Luke, being on stage was amazing.  Especially when he was joined by his three best mates.

-

By now, their concert was more than half way over. They were getting tired, but the excitement and screams from fans kept them going.

Calum was singing a solo, so Luke walked over to Michael. They'd always been the closest of the four. They went from hating each other to being inseparable.

"hi" Luke said and smiled, because just being around Michael made him happy.

"hi" Michael replied, smiling back.

"did you find anyone yet?" Luke asked.

Michael shook his head. "not yet"

Michael and Luke did this thing where they'd find a "hot" girl, and point her out to the other. They'd fight about who she'd go for, but it was only play fighting. They'd been doing this for quite a few shows now, it somehow amused them.

"found one" Michael said softly, not wanting to interrupt Calum.

"where?"

"over there" Michael said and pointed to the far left.

"well that narrows it down" Luke said sarcastically.

Michael rolled his eyes at his friend.

"there, with the flower crown!" Michael told him, and continued pointing.

"oh" Luke said when he spotted her. She was pretty, beautiful even. All their fans were,  but he thought Michael was prettier.

Did it even make sense to describe a boy as pretty or to think he was beautiful? Luke looked over at Michael, and nodded to himself.

Yup, Michael was beautiful.

-

The rest of the concert went by relatively fast, by the end of it they were all exhausted. Once they got back in their bus, they took turns showering then watched a movie.

-

Their next concert was in Paris, Luke was excited. He had always wanted to go there, after their concert he'd be able to go explore it. Hopefully with Michael. 

-

This concert started off no different than the others, They played their songs, talked about Will Smith, and Ashton broke his drums. (which was now becoming a regular thing at shows)

This time, during Calum's solo, Michael walked up to Luke.

"find anyone yet?" he asked, with a smile.

Luke couldn't help but smile back, Michael's smile was absolutely wonderful. Michael was wonderful. Luke had always known that though.

"yeah" Luke said, his smile never leaving his face.

"where?" Michael asked, searching the crowd already.

Luke didn't reply, instead he was thinking of ways to tell Michael how absolutely lovely he thought Michael was.

"Luke, who is it?" Michael asked, nudging him.

"you" Luke said, still smiling.

Instead of waiting for Michael's reply, he walked over to Calum.

-

The rest of the show was hard for Michael, he couldn't concentrate. He was thinking about Luke, he'd found himself doing that a lot lately.

He was wondering if Luke was only kidding when he'd said that to him, and he couldn't wait till the concert was over so he could find out.

-

Once it had finally ended, Michael practically ran off the stage and waited in their dressing room for Luke.

It didn't take long for Luke to get there, and when he did Michael grabbed his arm and pulled him out in the hallway so Calum and Ashton wouldn't hear.

"Michael, what are you doing? What's wrong?" Luke asked, while being dragged by Michael.

"did you mean it?" Michael asked simply.

"mean what?" Luke asked, though he was pretty sure he knew what Michael was talking about.

Michael sighed. "Luke, did you mean it?"

Luke looked him in the eye, and smiled. "of course, I did"

"does that mean you like me?" Michael asked, he probably sounded desperate. But he needed to know, before he embarrassed himself any more than he already had.

"I guess it does" Luke told him, smirking.

Michael smiled before leaning in to kiss the younger boy.

"I guess we don't have to fight about who you'll go for" Luke told him jokingly, once he pulled away.

-

That night the pair went exploring Paris together, holding hands the entire time.

-
Instead of finding "hot girls" at concerts, they'd made kissing after every concert their new tradition.

They liked that one better anyway.

A/N: hey guys, it's finally summer vacation for me! that means I'll probably be updating more often. thanks for reading, comment and vote! ily guys a lot, even though I don't really know you or talk to you I kind of feel like we're all friends in a way. I hope you all have an amazing summer, and get to do all the things you want to do. :) x

(I used Milan and Paris, cause they were there recently)