will we always only be pretending?

(the title is from a glee song called "pretending")

Luke, Michael, Ashton and Calum were sitting in some studio room getting interviewed. So far, the interview had gone alright. Until the guy interviewing them had to leave to help someone, so he got replaced by a young women with bright blonde hair. At first, she seemed nice. She was friendly towards all the boys, especially Luke. She kept winking at him, and making flirty comments. Luke didn't really mind at first, he was used to girls hitting on him by now but as the interview went on the girl wouldn't stop. She was ignoring the other boys and only talking to Luke, and he was beginning to get really annoyed.

"maybe we could go on a date sometime, I could give you my number or you could give me yours" The girl told him, and pulled out her phone.

"um-" Luke started to say, but was stopped when the girl's phone starting ringing.

"I need to take this, it's my boss..I'll be right back" She told them, and quickly got up.

"that girl is crazy" Calum said, starting to laugh.

"you think this is funny?" Luke asked him, shocked. He didn't think this was funny, he actually felt uncomfortable. He didn't want to go on a date with this girl, but he didn't want to be rude either. He had no idea what to do.

"well yeah, because it kind of is" Calum told him with a shrug.

"how do I decline her date without being rude?" Luke asked them, hoping one of them would take this seriously and help.

"there's not a nice way to decline a date" Ashton told him.

Luke sighed, that comment was not helping at all. Luke turned back around, facing away from Calum and ashton. The boys sat in silence as Luke tried to think of what to do.

"Michael" Luke almost shouted moments later.

"what?" Michael asked, looking confused.

"pretend to be my boyfriend" Luke told him.

"um what?" Michael asked again.

"pretend to be my boyfriend" Luke said again, only this time slowing down his words so Michael could hear him properly.

"I know what you said, but why?" Michael asked him, still looking confused.

"because I don't want to go on a date with her"

"then just tell her that" Michael said and shrugged, like it was the most simplest thing in the world.

"I can't, I don't want to be rude. Michael, please just do this for me" Luke said and pouted. His pout always worked on Michael and Luke knew it. 

"why me? Why not Cal or Ash?" Michael asked and looked at the boys sitting behind them.

"because they're my best friends, but you're my bestest friend" Luke told him, and pouted again. and maybe because I might be a little bit in love with you. Luke thought, but said nothing about it. Michael didn't need to know that.

Michael rolled his eyes, but agreed. He could never say no to Luke, not even if he wanted to. 

"now hold my hand, and act like you're in love with me" Luke told him, smiling.

"that shouldn't be hard for him" Calum snickered, and Michael shot him a dirty look.

"what?" Luke asked, wondering if he'd heard right.

"nothing, Calum's just being dumb like always" Michael retorted.

Luke laughed lightly, before the girl came back in.

"sorry that took so long, I-" she started to say and stopped when she saw Luke and Michael's hands intertwined.

They all smiled sweetly at her, and she looked shocked.

"are you guys dating?" she asked, sounding a bit irritated.

"yeah" Luke said cheerfully.

"but you don't seem gay" the blonde girl told him as she sat down.

"I'm sure you'd change your mind if you saw him while he was-" Michael started to say.

"Michael!" Luke shrieked, and hit his arm lightly.

"sorry babe" Michael said and winked.

Luke's face started heating up. Michael was good at this.

"how long have you two been dating?" she asked, skeptical.

"almost three months, and I've loved every minute of it" Michael said, and smirked at Luke.

"I've loved them more" Luke said, smirking right back.

"you two are so in love it makes me sick" Calum told him, and Luke couldn't tell if he was serious or not. He had to be kidding, right?

"how long do you think you guys will last?" the interviewer asked.

"I'm hoping a very long time" Luke spoke. It was true, he wanted Michael to be in his life forever. Whether that was just as his friend or as his boyfriend. Only time could tell. 

Later that night when it was just the two boys left awake in their hotel room Luke spoke ever so gently and said "maybe we could try that again sometime, it was fun, right?" 

"or maybe we could not pretend this time" 

A/N: ok so this was in my drafts from over a year and a half ago, i just found it and fixed it up. i feel bad about not posting in forever so there we go. i'm sorry i don't know when i'll update this story again.. i love you all and have a great week x :-)