Death

I hear muffled voices in my ears, they sound almost demonic. I can hear them, I cannot hear the words, the voices blur together. One is deeper than the other. I want to open my eyes, I want to see my husband, I want to see my children. My feel like they have been stapled shut, I try to move  but my muscles scream at me when I do. I wince, or at least I think I do. I feel something warm grab my hand, by the feel on the hand I know it's Loki. I feel the cold metal on his ring finger, I try to move my hand. All I can do is give Loki a slow caress with my thumb, my motion is choppy and uneven. My stomach feels like its been cut out then put back in backwards. My lungs burn with every breath, I feel like acid has been poured into my them. I feel nausea take over me, I feel dizzy. My hearing returns to me, and I hear the voices. "He hung himself!" One of the men is Nick.

"Yes he did." I hear Loki beside me.

"Why would he psych you guys out like that?"

"I do not know Nick." I hear Loki becoming aggravated.

"What the fuck are we supposed to do now?" I hear Loki sigh, I feel him turn.

"I haven't the slightest idea."

"Well..." Nick stammers, "I will go to the library and see what I can find."

        I hear Nicks foot steps fade, I feel Loki turn back towards me. I feel his other hand grab mine, he kisses my hand. Something wet touches my my hand, Loki is crying. I open my eyes, Loki's head is on my hand. His raven hair is uncombed, his clothes look old and unwashed. "L-L-Loki." My voice comes out horse, and uneven. Loki's head shoots up, his eyes are rimmed with dark circles. He sits on the bed and holds both of my hands. "How..long..have..you been..sitting there?" I ask, trying as hard as I can to keep my eyes open.

"About a week." He says. A week I have been out for that long.

"There is...no..cure..is there?" I ask.

"Nick is searching for a cure as we speak." I look around and my gaze comes back to me.

"Please.." I swallow, "Bring in .....the children...... if I am .....going to die .....I want to die .....with my family."

        Loki nods, kissed my hand and leaves to get our children. Percy is the first to come in, he jumps in the bed and snuggles into my left side, wrapping an arm around my torso. I wrap my arm around him, and hold him close into me. Chai runs in and snuggles into my other side, he is laying with his head on my stomach and an arm around my hip. Bae waddles in struggles on to the bed, he snuggles on the same side as Chai and puts his head on my shoulder. Loki comes in holding Marina, she is so big now, I am so sad I will never be able to see her become the wonderful woman I know she will be. Loki walks over to my left side and sets the sleeping Marina on my chest. He lays next to Percy and wraps his arms around us all. I feel so happy, if I die now, I would die a happy woman. 

Loki's pov

        I see James, frail hands on Bae's and Percy's head. Kissing Chai and Marina's heads occasionally. She seems so happy now, though she knows she will die. Her gaze land's on me, she smiles and brings her hand to my cheek. She caresses my cheek, she sighs, she is so happy. "Put...the children...to bed." she says.

"But you said."

"I know...what I..said." she tells me, "but... they do not.....deserve to....lay by......their mother...while she.......dies."

"Alright my love." I kiss her head.

        I pick up Percy first, and bring him to his room and try as hard as I can not to wake him up.  I close the door and return to our room. I pick up Chai and Bae. I set down Chai first and cover him with his blanket. I then set down Bae, I pull up the blankets and look at him. He is the spitting image of his mother, the same dimples, the same brown eyes, the same thin nose, the same everything. I do not know if I will be able to look at him the same after my wife dies. I leave before I start to cry, just thinking about losing her makes me tremble. I walk to our room once more and pick up Marina in my arms. I bring her to the nursery and set her down in her crib. I do back to our room and see James staring at the door when I walk in. She smiles, I walk towards her and lay down next to her. I wrap my arms around my wife, her once strong arms wrap around me. She is so fragile, I am afraid if I hold her to closely she will break. She looks at me, her once vibrant brown eyes are close to black. Her gaze goes from my lips and to my eyes and back. She kisses me passionately, just like she used to when we were first married. My tongue finds its way into her mouth, I taste her. I bring my hand under her shirt and hold her closely. She wraps her arms around my neck, and pulls away. There are tears in her eyes. "Promise me.....that you ........will take...... good care of .......our children." I nod, tears are staining her face. "Tell them......about me......tell them I......love them.....every....day."

"I promise, my love." I grab each side of her face in my hands.

        I wrap my arms around her, for what feels like hours. I feel her breathing become slow and her heart beat becomes slower with each breath. It will not be long now, she will be gone soon. I kiss her head, at least she will no longer be in pain. I feel her chest fall and rise. Then I feel her heart stop, I no longer hear her breathing. Tears start to fall down my cheeks, she is gone. The woman I love, the woman who gave me my children and the most happy year of my life. Is gone.

James pov

        I no longer and in pain, I am dead. I must be, I open my eyes and everything is white. I get up and I see my mother standing beside me.