Liam's Lie

The dungeons are cold, they smell of must and all I hear are the screams of those who are imprisoned here. I know that it is not safe here but this is my only choice. I have to know what is inside of me, I have to know if there is a cure to this horrible toxin inside of me. I lean against Loki as he drags me to Liam's cell in the prison. My eyes are half closed, the poison is making me weaker by the second. I clutch on to his armor so hard my knuckles become white. my breathing is shallow and pressed. My chest feels tight, I cough to help relieve some of the tension. I feel blood run from the side of my mouth, Loki wipes it off of my mouth. I take a deep breathe, its shaky, causing me to tremble. My lungs ache, I can feel them filling up with my own blood. My legs start to collapse beneath me, my knees are buckling. Loki grabs me from under the legs and lifts me into his arms. I lean my head into his neck and close my eyes, I feel light headed. I feel like I am spinning, but Loki is walking in a straight line. My head feels cloudy and unfocused, its getting worse. I open my eyes, they only open up half way. My vision is blurry and splotched, Loki is so close to me but he seems  like he is on another realm. I see his mouth move, I hear no words. I force away the pain and I hear him again. "James?" I hear, "James are you alright darling?" Loki looks at me worried.
"For now." I say blinking slowly.
        We finally stop, I turn my head slightly and I see Liam sitting the corner of the cell. His knees bent, his elbows on top of his knees, and his head hung between them. Loki sets me down and opens the cell, I limp in the cell and Loki closes it behind. I hear Loki and the guard retreat behind me. I look at Liam he has not seen me yet, I lean against the side of the cell for support. I groan, the pressure in my chest is getting close to impossible to bare. Liam looks up and a sinister grin spreads across his beaten face. His nose is black and blue, the healer's must have popped it back into place. Even after three weeks of healing it would be a sickly green and yellow by now. It's not, his nose is also still swollen. I see a bruise on the side of his face. I remember Loki came down here to interrogate him a week ago, that must be what it is from. Liam stumbles as he rises from the floor, he does not walk towards me once he stand. He just stands and looks at me up and down, taking in my now frail body. The grin is still on his face, "You don't look to good Jay." Liam says.
"Wonder why?" I snap at him.
"Some one's cranky today," he taps his chin sarcastically, "maybe its because of the night shade that is in your system. But you would have to cut by a blade that had night shade on it. Oh wait.. Ya did." I am angry with him now.
"What the hell is night shade?" I ask him breathless.
" A toxin, that takes about three weeks to be noticeable and about two to kill." he crosses his arms and smiles at me.
"Where did... you.... get it?" I ask feeling weak.
"Like I am gonna tell you." He says, his grin gone and his eye brows fall on his face. "You think I would tell you where I got it? So you can just find the antidote on the realm." He is in my face now.
"Why...did.. you.... do this?" I ask him, he grabs me by the shoulder and shake me as he speaks, with his teeth clenched.
"Because if I can't have you.. NO ONE CAN!" he says to me, he lets me go and walks away turning his back to me.
"Please..Liam." I say, I put my hand on the wall to stabilize myself. "I have... a family...children...a husband... Please. My children...  cannot.....grow up... without their... mother.....My husband...cannot raise them.......without me." I am choking on my words.
"Well I guess he will have to try." Liam snaps, with his back to me.
"Please..."I plead, "They need... me."
        Liam's head snaps around, anger and frustration are on his face. He storms to me, he grabs me by the arms. He has the same look in his eyes he had the night we left Midgard. He lets out a breath, his face changes to calm. He hangs his head, he looks back up at me. He looks down and avoids me gaze, then lets me go. He walks back to where he was, only this time sits in a chair and looks up at the beams in the room. His gaze find me once again, he runs a large hand  through his blonde hair. "I will tell you after dinner tonight," He says, I feel the tightness in my chest somewhat relax. "you can bring... Loki." He says.
"Thank you." I says, and leave his cell.
        Loki is waiting for me in the hall way, I grab a hold of him so I can stand properly. "What happened?" He asks. I tell him everything that Liam told me. He is smiling once I am finished with telling him. He hugs me and pulls away, he walks with his hand on my waist holding me up. The more I think about the conversation with Liam the more something feels off about it. He would not just give in like that, not even for me. He is planning something and I haven't the slightest idea what it is. I pass out before we can get out of the dungeons.

        Loki and I are walking towards Liam's cell, it has been a couple of hours since I talked to him. I still cannot figure out what he could possibly planning. There is yelling coming from the direction of Liam's cell. Loki and I walk faster to see what is going on. Once we get there I see ton's of guards surrounding the cell and in the cell. Loki and I enter the cell, I limp to the guards blocking Liam. I push them out of the way. The last guards moves and I stop dead in my tracks. I see something I never thought I would see. Liam, only he is not standing or sitting or lying on the ground. No, there is a chair toppled on to its side and a rope hung from the ceiling. Liam is attached to the rope, so this is what he was planning. To hang himself before Loki and I got here. I look closely at his hanging body and I see a note in the waistband of his jeans. I grab it, my name is written on it. I open it and I read the contents on the letter.
James,
        I'm sorry I had to do this to you, but I knew you would get the information out of me some how. You always do, so I decided to hang myself. Perhaps, you and I will meet in heaven or hell and we can be together them. I stand by my earlier statement, if i can't have you no one will. I will see you soon Jay.
Liam

        I drop the letter and let my limbs go weak, and I fall on the floor. All I see is blackness.