Four Years Earlier

I wake up but i do not open my eyes for what feels like a lifetime. I finally open my eyes and staring at the ceiling above me. Getting lost in the crevises and cracks that show how old my house truly is. I turn my head to my right to read the alarm clock on my night stand, 7:03. I return my gaze to the ceiling and rake my slim fingers though my long tangled hair. I finally sit up in my bed, but I do not get out. I bend my knees so my feet are flat on the mattress, bringing my elbows on top of them as I do so.  Flynn died a year ago today, I feel my depression worsen at this thought. Yes, I have depression, it's become progressively worse sincemy mothers death. I became suicidal shortly after Flynn died, the thought of his big brown eyes on that day. The day my four year old brother lost his life, clutching his stomach as blood poured from it. I lost a piece of my heart that day.

        I shake my head of these thoughts and look and the television in my room that was directly across from me. I looked at it like it was going to turn on underneath my glare. There is nothing special in my room, no posters or pictures. All I have is a bed, a couch directly across from it, two armchairs, a coffee table and two book cases on either side of the televison, that look like their about to burst. I glace around the room, thinking of all the horrible things that happened in this room. The blood stained hardwood floors, from all the times my father gave me a bloody nose or lip. The dent in the wall, where my father threw my for coming home to late. The door, chipped and dented from releasing my anger and despare out on it. The bed.... The bed was the worst one of it all.... The thought of what my father did to me in this bed mademy tremble.

         I jump out of bed at the thought and look at  the clock once more, 7:56. I had been recalling the worst memories of my life in just under an hour. I go to my closet and strip off my pajamas. I change in to dark jeans, a white tank top, gray cradigan and my black combat boots. I left my face without make up like I always do and leave my long raven colored curls running past the middle of my back. I walk out of my room, down the long corridor to the stair. "Going some where?" I turn around. Nick is standing there in light jeans and a Jack Daniels shirt. He then rephrases his question, "Where are you going?" I stop staring at him turn around open the door and say "Out." I speed walk into the woods. "James are you okay?" he calls after. To answer your question no, my brother doesn't know about my depression. I just don't want him to worry about me.

        I start running through the forest, jumping over rocks and ducking under the dead limbs of trees. I finally stop when I have reached my destination. My meadow, my one place of sancuary. I walk towards the middle of the purple and white flowers, my chest heaving from my run. I then lay down on the ground, letting my long hair cascade around me. I close my eyes, and let my mind drift to one of the few happy memories I have. It was just before my mother died. I remember being at her bed side and talking to her about the few hours earlier when my father hit me for the first time. She told me the next time that happened to call the police. I never did...

        I hear this loud crack that sounded like lightning and the low drum of thunder. I opened my eyes to see colors headed straight towards me. I stood up my head cranked up to see the colors coming at a fast rate. When the colors hit me it was like being in a whirl wind of colors. I was rather taken by the beauty of it as my hair whipped around me. I look up from the colors hoping to see my beautiful meadow, but I was clearly mistaken. I see stars, moons and planets. I then realized I was in space, I rubbed my eyes making sure I wan't doing mad. It was still there.

        I was then thrown on the floor of, some sort o f dome, on my hands and knees. The floor is so clean I can see my reflection in it. My hair is tangle and sticking to my neck in some places, my brown eyes looked tired and old beyond my years, and I'm heaving from the long trip. Before I can wonder where I am a deep voice pulls me from my thoughts, "Who are you?" he asked firmly but gently at the same time. I look up and see an African American man in golden armour and amber/gold eyes. "Who are you?" he asked again more firmly. "James Gates," I say.

"Rather peculiar name for a woman," he said looking at me.

"Like I haven't heard that one before." I say in an unintrested voice, making him chuckle.

"And your name is?" I ask keeping my face like stone, unemotional, like I have done so many times.

"Heimdall," he say's "I am the gate keeper of this relm."

" Relm?" I asked raising me right eye brown slightly.

"Yes relm, you are in Asgard."

"Land of the eternal." I say, remembering the stories of Norse Gods my mother used to tell my brothers and I.

" I am impressed by your knowledge Lady James," he says "Now I must take you to the Allfather."

"Who?" I ask.

"The King of Asgard." He says.

"Great a king," I say, "just what I need."

         I follow Heimdall out of the bifost, he said it was, and go down the rainbow bridge. I look down and see that with my every step the bridge would glow under my feet. I snap my head back up, if I was going to meet this king I had to keep my poker face on. We eventually came to an extravagant castle, that looked to be carved out of gold. Heimdall escorted me through the halls of the palace towards the throne room. As we walked up to the throne room and the guads immediantly open the doors. I walk in and see an older man with a staff and eye pact sitting tall and proud on the throne. Heimdall kneels on one foot and crosses his right fist over his heart, I mimic his movements. "Rise." the old man said, I did so. He looks at me then turns back to Heimdall, "How did this girl get here?" he asked Heimdall. I hated it when people called me girl. "It seems the bifost opened and took her from Midgard." Heimdall replys.

"Is the girl a threat." I then snapped

"First of all," I say calmly but put as much venom in my words as possible."I am not a girl." I continue, "I am wise beyond my years, I probably have more resposibility at my age than you did when you were first king." I spit at him,"and secondly, do not speak about me as if I am not here. That is not only rude it is disrespectiful do I make my self clear" I finish, he chuckles.

"You have quite a fire in you--"

"James," I say

"Hmm." is all he says. "My wife will have to whip some manners into you Lady James."

"Why am I not a delight?" I ask keeping my tone unintrested.

"Guards, bring my wife to me." he says.

        The guard returns shortly after with a women just under the "kings" age. She has beautuiful blue eyes and long blonde hair that falls below here waist. She wears a smile coming towards me, I keep my face disintrested. She walks over to me and says, "Well aren't a lovely young women--"

"James." I say calmly.

"What a splended name." she says her smile getting wider.

         I had never heard someone call my name splendid before, I'd get odd and peculiar. I never heard anyone say splendid." Come." She says grabbing my wrist pulling me from my thoughts. "You must meet my son's." Son's that asshole had kids with this sweet women. What did she see in him. We roamed around the castle for a while looking for Frigga's son's. We finally came across them walking and talking in one of the halls. Frigga drags me towards the my the elbow. "My son's." she says smiling. The two men turned around. One of the men was extremly muscular, with deep blue eyes like Frigga along with the same blonde hair. Only his cut of just below his chin, he wore red silver and blue. He also gave me a grin that reminded me of the "king". The other man was much more striking, in my opinion. His hair was raven that was slicked back and was cropped just where his neck and head connected. he had piecing blue eyes that were intoxicating, and he was dressed in black, gold and green.  "James," Frigga said pulling me from the eyes of the raven haired man."These are me son's, Thor," she said gesturing to the blonde. He tried to kiss my hand but I snatched it back before he could."And Loki." She turned to the raven haired man. "Hello, James." He said to me. Even his voice made me weak, but I kept my emotions pushed down and my face straight.  "Hello, Loki." I say holding out my hand,"Pleasure." I say as he grabs my hand.

"The pleasures mine." he says before kissing my hand.

        I didn't know it then, but that day my life changed forever.....