An Old Flame

We are transported to the meadow, that Loki and I confessed our love for one another. My son's start to run around and play in the meadow, I sit down and watch them smiling. Their playing tag, Bae is it and he's running round chasing his brother's. A huge smile shown on his small face his arms are out to their sides and he sort of waddling as he chases them. I have Marina sitting my lap, she's pulling at the grass and giving it to me. Each time I thank her, and each time she pulls out the grass she smiles at me, her beautiful dimples shown on her face. The boy's are all laying by me and I have a pound and a half of grass sitting next to me. I decide it's time to go to Nick's, I have my boys grab their bags and they walk beside me as we go to my brother's house. I have Marina sleeping in my arms as we walk there.
        We are walking up the driveway and I see a Jeep parked in front off the garage. I start to wonder, who do I know that owns a Jeep? I shake the thought from my mind. I walk up the stair's, my boy's close behind. I open the door and I hear yelling between my brother and someone else. "SHE'S MARRIED!" I hear the man scream, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!!!"
"BECAUSE I KNEW YOU'D DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO STOP IT!!" Nick screamed back.
"Boy's," I say squatting down with Marina still in my arms, "why don't you all go up stair's and find a room."
"I don't want to mommy." Bae said, I look at Percy.
"Can you bring them upstairs for me?" I ask him, he nods, "Could you put your sister down as well?" I say handing her to Percy.
"Yeah mom I can do it.”
            They do as their told and go upstairs. I then turn around in the entry way and walk towards the sitting room. I peak out of the door frame and I see Nick standing looking as pissed as ever. I then look at the other man, I realize who he is, he has the same blonde hair, the same deep blue eyes and same muscular build. He is a man I haven’t seen in eleven years.
Liam…
            He still looks annoying as ever, and it sounds like he still wants me back. I roll my eyes and just listen to what he has to say. “YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT I WOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING IN MY POWER TO STOP IT!!” Liam yells.
“WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE!!”
“BECAUSE I STILL LOVE HER!!” Nick looks taken back, I must admit it caught me by surprise as well.
“You love her?” Nick looks at him confused.”Where was your love when you cheated on her?”
“Well-“
“YOU DIDN’T LOVE HER, YOU NEVER HAVE. YOU JUST WANT SOMETHING YOU CAN’T HAVE!”
“That’s a lie and you know it.” Liam says through clenched teeth.
“No, it’s not a lie.” I say making my presence known. Liam turns around and Nick just stares at me.
“James.” Liam says in utter belief and completely breathless as he walks towards me. “I thought I’d never see you again.” He says as he tries to embrace me, I put my hand up to stop him.
“I’m married now, remember?” I ask.
“How much of that did you hear?” Liam asked.
“Enough.” I say crossing my arms.
“It’s not a lie,” He says “I have always loved you.”
“If you loved me you wouldn’t have cheated on me.” I say leaning forward for emphasis.
“MOM!” I turn around and see Percy  in the doorway.
“What is it sweetheart?” I ask him.
“Marina woke up and she won’t stop crying.” He says, looking as annoyed as nine year old can be.
“Alright,” I turn to Liam, “We can continue this discussion later.” I walk up stairs to take care of Marina.
            I’m nursing her, in the same rocking chair I used to nurse Percy in. I smile at the memories of when it was just Loki, Percy and I. I also remember how hard it was, the first time around, now it’s like second nature. I hear a knock on the door; I look up and see Liam. I immediately cover my chest with a blanket. Looking at him annoyed, I then change my face to an unemotional stone. “What?” I say rather harshly.
“I just-I.” He rakes his fingers through his hair.
“You what?” I say making my voice monotone, he looks at the blanket that cover’s my chest.
“I always thought that would be my baby your nursing. Not whoever you married.” He sits on the changing table.
“I have no, nor have I ever, desired to bore your children.”I say, he looks hurt by my comment.
“Why are you so angry with me?” he asks, I look at him like he’s the stupidest human being in the world.
“Why am I so angry with you?” I say, “I’m angry with you because you cheated on me, after you told me that you would always love me.”
“So you’re holding a grudge against me because I didn’t do things to your standards.”
“Don’t you dare twist my word’s.” I hiss at him. “I am angry with you because you lied to me!”
“How did I lie!”
“You said you loved me and only me. And yet you had the audacity to cheat on me. With my best friend!” I say trying to keep my rage to a minimum.
“I’m sorry-“
“It’s a little late now.” I say, “I have moved on. I have four beautiful children and a husband that adores me and I him.” I tell him. “Move on with your life, don’t wait for me because I’m already gone.”
“Move on.” He says looking at me confused, “MOVE ON!”
“Shhhh!” I say to him.
“I can’t just move on from the woman I love-“
“Well your going to have to.” I say standing up, “ Because she has.”

            I walk out of the nursery, I go to my room and put Marina down on the bed. I hope Loki’s done soon.