He did what now?

Once Loki and I were finished in the weapons vault, we made our way to Odin and Frigga's chambers. Loki knew that Odin going into the Odin sleep  wasn't his fault, but I could see the guilt in his eyes. We walked down the corridors in silence, I kept at least two feet between us. Loki needed space right now, he was still processing being adopted and his parents lying to him about his lineage. I heard him let out a sigh, not from being annoyed like he usually did, but from being overwhelmed with too much information in one day. I look at him, his eyes are on the ground and he rakes his fingers through his hair repeatedly. I finally close the space between us and wrap one of my arms around him, he hummed and mimicked my movements. He then kisses my head while we are still walking, "Thank you." he said. I looked up at him confused,"What for?" he looks down at me. With the same emotion on his face since the day I met him, he looked at me with love. "For always being truthful with me." he says. I gave him a small smile, "Anytime." I say putting my head onto his chest.                 

                We finally reach Odin and Frigga's chambers, Loki releases me and opens the door. I see Odin in the bed with a large golden see through dome on top of him. Next to him is Frigga, sitting beside the the bed and holding Odin's hand while he "slept".  Loki and I walked in, I walked over to Frigga and Loki went to the other side of the bed and sits down. "I asked him to be honest with you from the beginning," Frigga tells Loki,"there should be no secrets in family." she says. 

"So why did he lie?" Loki asks in a monotone voice, looking at Odin.

"He kept the truth from you so that you would never feel different." Frigga says,"You are our son Loki and we your family... You must know that." Frigga finishes. "You can speak to him you know, he can see and hear us even now." she says.

"How long will it last?" Loki asks, still in monotone.

"I don't know, this time its different." Frigga says,"We were unprepared."

"I never get used to seeing him like this." Loki says,"The more powerful being in the nine realms lying helpless, until his body is restored."

"He's put it off for so long that I fear---" Frigga drifts off,"You are a good son, you must'n lose hope that your father will return to us....and your brother."

"What hope is there for Thor?" Loki asks looking up at Frigga.

"There is always a purpose for everything your father does." Frigga tells Loki."Thor may yet fond a way home."

                Loki then stand up to to go, I tell Frigga that Odin will return and tell her goodbye. I follow Loki towards the doors of the chambers, he then stops abruptly. I look at the door and see a men coming in and holding Odin's scepter. He then kneels down in front of Loki and holds it out. Loki immediately becomes confused and looks at me then to Frigga, I then follow his gaze to her."Thor is banished, until he returns the line of succession falls to you. Until Odin awakes, Asgard is yours." She says the last part almost breathless. Loki then turns around slowly and looks at the man holding the scepter. I see his emotions shift from confused to his realization of his new found power. He then takes the scepter and slowly turns around towards me. "Make your father proud." I hear Frigga say, "My King." Loki then looks up at me and smiles an evil devilish smile. I keep my face unemotional, to mask my worry for him. Having been the only person who has actually known Loki, I know he will use his power for whatever he wants. He gestures for me to follow him and we both leave.

                Once we are far enough away he stops and wraps his free hand around me and kisses me. I can feel him smiling as he does so, he then stops after a while and puts his forehead to mine. "You know something James?" he says more than a question. I look up at him with one of my hands on his arm and the other on his chest I ask,"What?" keeping my voice entirely monotone. He then leans closer to me and puts his lips close to my ear and whispers "Every King needs a Queen." I feel him smile. I feel panic snake its way through my veins. Is he saying what I think he's saying. I pull a little away from him so I can look at him. He looks at me confused, "What are you saying to me?" I finally hike up the courage to ask him, my voice still monotone. His smirk returns to his face, "I believe people in your world do it this way." he then gets down on one knee, his scepter still in hand. Panic is bursting through every bone, every muscle, every vein, every artery, every nerve, and every cell in my body. "Will you become my wife and Queen of Asgard?" his smirk still plastered on his face. Air..... I need air. I run to the nearest balcony, sit down against the railing and start to gasp for air. I hear Loki yelling my name, I hide by the wall leading to the balcony with hopes he will pass by and not notice me. I hear his boots stomp by at a quick pace, and then silence. Good, I needed to be alone right now. I needed to get my head screwed on straight.

                I sit there alone for about and hour when my thoughts are interrupted, "What are you doing?" I look at my brother. Confusion is the only emotion on his face. "Is anyone else with you?" I ask looking up at him.

"Not since the last time I checked." he said looking in the hall.

"Okay sit down." he sits in front of me as I readjust myself.

"Whats up?" he asks.

"Loki asked me to marry him." I say looking down.

"WHAT??!!" he screamed.

"SSSHHHHHH!!!" I say loudly. He then looks around and turns back to me.

"He did what now?" he asked more calmly this time.

"Well," I start,"we went to go see his dad to make sure he was okay, and then he got in this big conversation with is mom about why thy lied about his lineage. When we were about to go guy came out with Odin's scepter----"

"Cut to the chase Jay." he says annoyed.

"Okay, long story short Loki's King of Asgard. Once we left he kissed me and said every King needs a Queen I asked him what he meant. He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, I freaked out and ran here and have been hiding from him ever since." I say it all as fast as I can.

"You left him without an answer?" I tell him everything and that's what he gets from it.

"Oh I'm sorry, I was freaking out due to the fact a god just asked me to marry him even though I'm 17." I say putting as much attitude in the sentence that I can.

"Sorry, wasn't thinking about that." he said scratching his nose."So what are you gonna say?"

"I don't know yet." I told him.

                What was I going to tell Loki???