The Prince and the Midgardian

*One Year Later in Asgard*

        It's been a year since I first came to Asgard. Thor keeps trying to get me to flirt to me, but I continue to give him the cold shoulder. I spend most of m time with Loki, in the library. He's showed me many of his spells and he lets me read most of his spell books. I enjoy spending time with him, he still doesn't know anything about my past. However, since I spend most of my time with him he knows my mannerisms better than anyone I've ever known.  He is the only person here who treats me like a friend, he speaks to me with a smile on his face.  He doesn't do so with anyone else. He speaks of his magic and sorcery with such passion, it's inspirational. He's told me everything about him, and how he's felt his entire life. He tells me how his parent neglected him, and that he's never understood why. He's the only person who can get me to crack a smile or chuckle. He then asks me if I'm going soft on him, if I'm not chuckling before I am now. 
        As of now I am in the library in Asgard, reading one of Loki's spell book's. He is on the other side of the room looking for some sort of book. He is still as handsome as he was on the first day I met him. " What was your life like... on Midgard?" he asks, pulling my mind from my reading. I look just above the book I'm reading and stare at my bent knees. My mind immediately goes to my family: my parent's and younger brother's death, my older brothers abandonment and my fathers abuse towards me. The memories fade when Loki sits on the chair I'm sitting on, just next to my knees. I do not look at him, I try to go back to reading and avoid the question. "James?" he says almost breathless. "Are you alright?" there's a pause. "I'm... fine." I say holding in my emotions and looking at the book. His face changes from curiosity to concern, he then takes the book from my hands and sets it on a table close to the chair. He then looks at me at me again, worry in his icy blue eyes. "James, tell me." he says to me softly. I shake my head slowly and say,"I can't."
"Why?" he asks.
"Because, the things are have endured are best left locked up." I say,"If they resurface, I don't think my broken heart could take it."
        I feel as though if I say it out loud it would be far to much for me to bear. I know all to well that if I say it out loud..... its real. "I might do you some good getting it off your chest." he says now caressing my knee with his thumb. "No." I say bolting up and running out of the library. I didn't want Loki seeing me so broken, so hollow in side. I need some air, I run through the palace trying to find a balcony so that I can breathe. My feet stomping on the floor, I hear Loki yelling at me to stop. I just keep running, eventually I lose Loki. I find a balcony, I run to the railing and grip onto it as if my life depended on it. I grip the railing so hard my knuckles turn white, my black hair is falling in my face and my chest is heaving from running. Every single muscle in my body is tense, I feel like I'm starting to break. I then hear Loki's boots clomping on the floor coming towards the balcony at a fast pace. His steps then stop, and I hear his heavy breathing. He then comes over to my side and grips the railing and looks at me. I look straight forward not wanting to meet his gaze, my hair is the only barrier between us. "James," he says and waits for a response. "James." He says more firmly. "Yes." I say quietly in my unemotional voice. "Why did you run?" he asks me.
"Because I don't like talking about my past." I say.
"Why?"
"Because my past is.....painful."
" What could possibly be so painful about your past?"
"You ask a lot of questions." I say looking at him now.
"We established that six months ago James." he says,"Now answer my question."
        I pause trying in to figure out my words correctly and look at my feet. "My mother died about three years ago." I said,"My youngest brother Flynn and my father both died two years ago." I say looking back out at the Asgardian sunset. "My father," I continued "was not very... gentle with me." I say.
"Gentle how?" he asked.
"My father," I say slowly. "abused me."
        I know realize that Loki is the only person, besides my brothers, I've told. I cringe at the other memories, of the things my father did to me. Loki must have seen this because his next question, was the one thing I've wanted to tell for a very long time. " Did he ...touch you?' He asked hesitantly. My stomach churns and makes me feel sick at the memory, "Yes," I say,"he touched me." I then feel years of anger trying yo claw it self out of me. I grip the railing harder, wanting to scream so loud and so long the people in Paris can hear me. Loki's expression changes from worry, to rage and then changing to shock. He turns me towards him and hugs me into his chest. My arms wrap around his waist and he starts to hold my head. I put my head closer to his chest feeling the coolness of his skin and armor. "If anyone and I mean anyone," he says,"tries to do that to you again. I will personally skin them alive." 
"Why do you care about what happens to me?" I ask while he still holds me.
"Because I care for you," he says,"and I promise to never, ever let anyone hurt you again."
"No one's ever said that to me before." I say my voice cracking as I say this.
         He then pulls me away, just far enough apart that our foreheads and noses touch. As he grabs the sides of my head with his hands he says, "Then no ones ever cared for you like I do." I put my hands on his chest as he comes in closer to my lips, but I do not stop him. His cold lips collide with mine, our movements in sync. His hands travel down from my face to around my waist pulling me in closer deepening the kiss. I then wrap my thin arms around him and kiss him just as deeply back. He then puts his tongue in my mouth and I let him explore it. "Brother!" We hear Thor boom he sounds like he is just down the hall way. We immediately pull away at the sound of his voice and stare in each others eye's for what feels like a life time. I then pull away from him, turning my gaze back to the beautiful skies. Loki seems a bite angered be the fact his brother interrupted our private moment."Here brother," he calls back to Thor in his normal husky, British accented, voice. Thor then comes onto the balcony, looks at the two of us,"Are you not coming to my coronation?" he asks curiously. "Yes of course." I say for Loki and I. " Loki can go with you," I continue,"I must change into something more presentable."
"See you soon Lady James."  
        Thor turns and leaves, Loki then turns to me and says "I think you look beautiful in anything," he then pauses and continues,"we shall pick up where we left off at the end of the coronation." He then kisses my forehead, and I give him a small smile as he walks away. 
        I then feel this warm feeling in the pit of my stomach, it's not sickness, not hurt, nor is it pain. It's compassion and love, for Loki Odinson.

        Holy shit I'm falling for a god!!