Something Old and Something New

"So." says Charlie after a few minutes of utter silence, we are all in the sitting room. Loki and I sit on one couch. I'm leaning against Loki with my legs up on the couch and my arms around his arm. Nick is sitting on the arm chair still drunk out of his mind, and Charlies sits on the couch opposite of Loki and I. "Why are you here?" I ask kind of harshly.

"Is that any way to treat your older brother?" Charlie say.

"Be thankful that her hostility is all you get." Loki said firmly. 

"I'm just saying you shouldn't treat an older brother that way." Loki give Charlie a playful smile.

"I treat my older brother that way." He says grinning.

"Well you shouldn't, like I said I'm your older--"

"You do not deserve the title of an older brother." I snap at him, "An older brother wouldn't run when his family needs him the most. Your not my brother, your just a coward who happens to share the same blood as us." I as standing up. Charlie looks at me speechless.

"She's right you know." says Nick sounding a bit more sober. "You were a coward to leave us."

"That why I came back." Charlie said, "To fix things."

"If you wanted to fix things you wouldn't have left seven years ago." the venom of my words is dripping out of my mouth.

"Why did you come back?" asked Nick, who know had his legs over the arm of the chair. Charlie sighs.

"I wanted to see you guys." he told us, "Make sure you were all okay."

"LIAR!" I scream at him, I know he's lying because he does the same thing that Nick does when he lies. He has his hand on the nape of his neck.

"FINE!!" Charlie screamed, "YOU WANNA KNOW WHY I'M REALLY HERE!!" He looked between Loki and I. "You." He hissed at Loki.

"Me?" Loki asked standing up and placing an arm around me.

"DON'T YOU TOUCH HER!!!" Charlie yelled shaking my head. "If dad was alive he wouldn't have let this happen!"

"Of course he wouldn't you know why?!" I yell at him.

"Yeah, because dad wouldn't let anyone like him go near you." Charlie said pointing a finger at Loki.

"Like him," I said pointing a thumb at my husband, "Magnus had no right to control my life."

"Why don't you call him dad!?"

"BECAUSE THAT MAN DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE CALLED A FATHER!" I screamed at him.

"WHY?!"

"BECAUSE HE RAPED ME!" I yell, Charlie is stunned, "He molested me," my voice cracks and the tears are forming in my eyes."He physically abused me."

"Jamie I didn't know--"

"OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE BALLS TO STICK AROUND!" My angry for him and Magnus is starting to surface. "You.Are.A.Coward. Charles. Gates." I hiss at him.

"I am not a coward James!" he's up on his feet. I start to walk out of the sitting room, the pain is too much for me to bear any more. Charlie grabs me before I can go. "That man didn't deserve what he got." I do not believe what he's saying.

"Go to hell," I hiss pouring poison in my words "and don't come back."

        Charlie back hands me and I fall on the floor, Loki is immediately in front of my. He grabs Charlie by the neck and holds him against the wall. "Don't you DARE lay your hands on my wife again." Loki's words are toxic.  He lets go of Charlie and he's gasping for breathe, Loki runs to me and examines me making sure I'm okay. Nick who has been stunned the entire time, finally walks over to Charlie, who just got up. He kicks Charlie in the groin causing him to fall in the ground. Loki and I are staring at Nick bewildered. "Get out of my house," Nick breathes,"if you ever do that again," he hisses, "I will put you in the grave." Charlie is looking up at Nick with fear all over his eyes. "UNDERSTAND!"

"Y-yes." Charlie says nervously.

"GET OUT!" Nick yells pointing to the door. Charlie scrambles the the entry way and out the door.

"I hate him." Loki said, helping me up holding me close and planting a kiss on my head.

"I agreed." I say.

"Same." Nick chimes in.

"I think I'm going to go to bed." I say, pulling away from Loki and holding my stomach.

"Me too." says Nick.

"As am I." Loki said following us.

        We all get up stairs and I tell Loki to go to bed so I can speak with Nick for a minute. I walk over to Nick as Loki goes in our room."You okay?" I ask him.

"No." He said facing away from me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, "You never wanted to see him again, didn't you?"

"He's disgusting," he said, " I look at him and I see..." he drifts off, he turns towards me.

"I know, I saw it to." I tell him looking down, "For a second there I thought he was.. you know." Nick nods.

"Yeah." I walk up to him and hug him.

"I'm sorry I should have listened to you." I say, Nick pulls me away and touches his hands to my forehead and cheeks. "What are you doing?"

"Making sure your not running a temperature."

"Why?" He looks at me like it's obvious.

"You just apologized to me, you NEVER apologize to me." He says, I smile.

"People can change." I say walking away, " Good Night."

"Jay," I turn towards him, "You really love him don't you?" I smile.

"Yes." I look down at my stomach. "Good Night Nick."

"Good Night Jay."

        Its been a few weeks since the whole Charlie incident. He talk about it sometimes, but Charlie disgusts us all. So we keep the Charlie conversation's to a minimum. My due date is approaching fast, I'm due any day know. I'm so pregnant, I can barely get up on my own anymore. I'm so uncomfortable, my back and ankles hurt and I'm tired all the time. Loki's been so good to me for the past week trying to make sure I'm as comfortable as I can possibly be. I'm sitting on the couch in the sitting room, reading out loud more things about Norse Myths. Loki's gone to Asgard for a couple of hours to make sure things are running smoothly. Nick is at work till 1:00 am tomorrow morning. So I'm alone for a while, so far I've read three books, including this one. Watched three hours of television, and napped for two hours. I go upstairs and place the Norse Mythology book in it rightful place on the book shelf. I walk out on to the balcony and stare out at the beautiful scenery. I touch my left hand to my stomach and smile. Pain... I feel this awful pain in my stomach, my knees are slightly bent and I'm breathing hard. I remember something Nick told me, my eyes widen. I grab my phone out and call Loki, we got him a cell phone just in case any thing happens. "Hello James?" He answers. "Loki you have to get back to earth now." I say though clenched teeth. "Why?" he asked confused.

        "Because you are going to be a Father today!" I yell at the phone.