CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE

Anna often found time passed so quickly, there was always something going on in the family, that everything passed by quicker.

John came in one night, besides John, Arthur and Tommy, nobody else knew why the trio had dissappeared for the day. But John came in with the same conflicted expression he often came in with after blood was shed.

This time the blood shed was not for sport, but it was a loss of life out of vengeance. Anna noticed how as of recently, with every death he felt the impact more.

"What's wrong?" Anna glanced up at him from the fire as she untucked her legs from beneath her.

"We've just been up Liverpool, Changrettas dead"

"Oh?"

"I had the gun in my hand right, pulled it out on my old teacher by Tommy's orders. I couldn't pull the trigger, I just couldn't. I fuckin' couldn't. My teacher, my fuckin' teacher" Anna could feel the conflict and anger radiating off him.

"Is that such a bad thing?"

"I've never thought before completing Tommy's orders, never thought twice about killing someone involved. But she was innocent, and I couldn't fuckin' do it. She pleaded and pleaded"

Anna stood and walked over to him, grabbing his hand and pressed a kiss to his knuckles.

"People change, John. You've changed, not that much, but you have. You do things no longer for sport, but more for your family and others."

"He told us to shoot our fuckin' teacher"

"Come on, stop dwelling and come to bed." Anna told him.

In her sleepwear, Anna glanced over to a troubled John who was staring out through the window.

Anna let out a sigh, pulling him away, making him turn around and look down on her, his hands settled on her growing bump.

"Why won't you admit that just like Arthur, you're starting to want to no longer play part in the more dangerous and bloody side of the business? I see the hesitation in your eyes, John" Anna questioned.

Anna received no anwser as he dropped his head so his forehead leaned against hers.

◇◇

College begins in 2 hours gah! I'm quite nervous as it's my first day!

I've also began writing a new and very different John fic, I wasn't planning on doing John again but this idea just came first and flowed.

Let me know if you want it published and if you do, if you want it before or after the end of this fic!