CHAPTER THIRTY

It was a peaceful morning, as peaceful as it could get with 4 kids and 1 baby, the kids filtering in and out of the living room and kitchen, chasing eachother and at times, having arguments.

The oldest, James, sat on the floor besides Anna who rested in an armchair, smiling as Isabelle giggled at her oldest sibling who pulled faces at her.

Katie ran over along with her other siblings upon seeing Isabelle giggle, Katie holding onto her hands and pulling her up so she stood on her unsteady feet.

Isabelle took a few steps, holding onto Katies hands, Anna grinning, taking a sip of her tea.

"She's walking!" Harry cheered, the new fight among the siblings was who would get to hold their sisters hands as she attempted to walk more then 4 steps.

Anna sighed, the children pouting as she pulled her daughter into her arms, "you can't fight over you baby sister, that's silly"

The front door swung open, John surprising the family as he entered.

"You were up early"

"Tommy got beat up last night, he's in hospital" John grumbled, before picking up Katie and playful throwing her on the sofa as she giggled.

"Well, is he okay?" Anna asked John who sat opposite her.

"Battered, bruised. But it's Tommy, ey"

"Now come on, lets see you walkin' missy" Anna grinned at this, setting Isabelle on the floor so John could hold onto her hands.

He watched as she took a few rushed steps towards him, making John laugh before she stumbled and John pulled her into his arms, kissing her head.

"Look, I'm sorry" John spoke softly to her, glancing up from their daughter to look over at his wife.

"What are you sorry for?"

"Dragging you into this life"

Anna smiled at him, "if you hadn't of dragged me into this life I wouldn't be with you, we wouldn't have Isabelle, and I wouldn't have these kids. I don't regret marrying you, John. This lifestyle is just hard to swallow, I came from a small town surrounding a church, and the alley replays in my mind over and over again, I see myself st-"

John cut her off by dragging her into the hallway away from the kids.

"You aren't like us, alright, you aren't a bad person, you aren't a murderer either, that one time was self defence. And if it wasn't him it would have been you and if you fuckin' died I'd be lost" Anna smiled at him.

"You aren't a bad person either, John. You were born into this life, but you aren't like Tommy, or Arthur. I don't see the same thing in your eyes as I do Tommy and Arthur. You've always been driven by family, always, and maybe some aspects are fun for you, but, I know you and I'd expect nothing less"

"You're so fuckin' beautiful" He muttered, his lips attaching to hers hungrily, pulling her into him as Anna chuckled against his lips, his tongue slipping inside her, her teeth biting at his lip teasingly before he retracted.

"Even when you're sober you think I'm beautiful" Anna teased, remembering that time from 2 years ago.

John let out a low chuckle, "Even when I'm fucking sober"

"I love you, John Shelby"

◇◇◇

This chapter was actually so soft aha. I've pre-written 3 chapters after this and I plan on pre-writing more!

So I'll be uploading more frequently, which also means I'll get through series more quickly which also means series 4 is coming quicker then I want it to *cries*.

Next Chapter: smut.