5.

Carly's POV

The night at Nikki's house seemed to go on forever, I would get Nikki calmed down, but then he would go right back to being paranoid and scared. When he finally came down, he crashed in his bed. I decided to stay with him and I slept on his couch.

When morning came, I was woken up by the sun. I groaned a little and sat up. I stretched a little and walked over to Nikki's room and he was still sleeping. I walked back out and into his kitchen. His house is fairly big, I've never been in a house of this size. I walked over to his kitchen and opened it, I grabbed a water bottle and then walked over to his cabinets to find headache relief. I don't know if you have hangovers after a night like that, or if more stuff like this will help, but I want to help him.

I decided to not get headache relief and I walked into his bedroom and placed the water bottle on the end table. I looked over at Nikki sleeping peacefully, I got a chance to finally study his face, I leaned down and rested my hands on the bed.

He has a defined jawline, he's slightly tan, too. His messy hair is all over his pillow and a little in his face, I moved his fringe out of his face and scrunched his nose slightly and went back to peacefully sleeping. He has dark bags under his eyes, his lips are slightly parted and he very faintly snores.

He's a very handsome man, on the outside; he looks like he has everything together. He's outgoing, his smile and laugh fills any room he's in and he looks happy. But, after last night, I can tell he's not. He's a broken guy, his eyes said it all last night. I sighed a little and rested my hand on top of his much larger one. I studied some of his tattoos, his arms are a little toned but, he's mainly just skinny. I know why he's skinny now, I'm worried.

I removed my hand from his and stood up straight, I turned around and started to head out of his room. "Leaving already?" I heard a voice from behind me. I whipped around. "Morning, Beautiful." He murmured. I walked back over. "Good morning." I replied, smiling a little. "How did you get in here? Came to surprise me in the morning?" He replied, stretching a little. I shook my head. "I've been here all night.." I spoke quietly. I saw his eyes widen. "O-Oh," he sat up. "You saw-?" He cut himself off. I nodded. "You stayed? Why?" He asked. "I was worried," I stated simply. "I probably begged you–" "No, I chose to stay myself. I wanted to stay with you and make sure you were safe and okay." I said.

He shook his head and stood up. "You can't be around me like that.. You weren't even suppose to know about that." He said, "I'm dangerous, Carly." He added on, running a hand through his messy hair. "No, you're not. You just need a little help when you're like that-" "I'm always like that! That's who I am!" He exclaimed. I flinched when he raised his voice a little. "Look at me, yelling at you while I'm sober." He mumbled, shaking his head. "Nikki, I'm here for you." I said.

"I'm a scary guy, okay?" He said, crossing his arms. I stepped closer to him and gently touched his arms. "Really? 'Cause, I'm scared of everything and I'm not scared of you." I said, softly. He smiled a little. "Really?" He asked me, I stood on my tippy toes and pecked his lips gently. "Really."

(a/n: i can't sleep and i just wanna write so, i'm going on a writing binge, lmao. i hope you liked this, though! please vote, thank you so much for reading, i really appreciate it ❤️ feedback is always welcome, bye!)