Sickly

"August, you gotta eat something." I held the spoon of soup out to him.

He shook his head & stuffed his face deeper into my pillow.

"Fine." I shrugged my shoulders & put the soup on the night stand.

For the last 15 minutes , I've been trying to convince August to eat something so that he can take the pain medicine for his stomach and headache. You might can take it without eating but I don't wanna risk it because he has nothing on his stomach.

Since he didn't wanna take any medicine, I thought I would use some reverse psychology but doing the one thing he hates: ignoring him or the silent treatment.

I know it seems kind of mean but I'm only doing it so he'll at least try to eat something. & I know that in a few seconds, he'll roll over & want to cuddle.

I sat down on the bed & grabbed my phone from underneathmy pillow & instantly the World's Biggest Baby rolled over, trying to wrap his arm around me. I pushed his arm off only for him to move closer.

When he went to put his head on my chest, I folded my arms.

He still tried to get lay his head on me. But this time I folded my arms across my chest. When I did that, he went to lay his head on my stomach but I pulled my knees to my chest & laid my back against the headboard.

"Baybeh, stop." He rasped. I looked up from my phone & saw his sad face with a slight frown. He reached his hand out to touch me but I moved away.

Getting pissed off, he huffed & turned his back towards me. I guess he thought that made me mad but it really made me laugh.

I grabbed the remote & started looking for something to watch on Netflix. In the middle of my search, he turned back around & started staring at me.

"If I eat a lil somethin', can we cuddle?" He asked innocently, which made me feel guilty. I looked at him & nodded my head. "Feed me?"

I got up & walked over to his side to grab the bowl of untouched soup. Grabbing the bowl, I scooped some of the soup onto the spoon.

"You want me to blow it for you?" I asked him, only for him to nod.

I don't know why I even asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August was more hungry than he thought. He ate the entire bowl of soup, almost an entire sleeve of saltine crackers & some water. I've been trying to keep him hydrated since he was throwing up a lot. But since he ate the bowl of soup, he hasn't thrown up yet.

Right now he's knocked out from taking some medicine but he should be up in about an hour.

While he was sleeping, I was looking up recipes that weren't too heavy for his stomach.

"Mmm" He groaned, rolling around a couple times then he eventually ripped the covers off of him.

"You hot?" I asked him & he nodded his head before opening his eyes.

"Can you help me?" He asked tugging at his shirt, indicating that he wanted his shirt taken off. I helped him sit up before lifting the shirt off of him, exposing his tattooed torso.

"Want some ice cold water?" I asked him which would help him cool down and keep him hydrated.

"Yeah. But I gotta go to the bathroom first." He sat up slowly before getting off the bed & grabbing my Royal Flush Poopouri, which answered my question if he had to puke again but I guess he had to do the opposite.

I once had to use it while we were hanging out & he had to use the bathroom after me & smelled the fragrance & he would not leave me alone until I told him what it was. I didn't wanna tell him I had to shit but he kept bugging me so I told him & he's obsessed with it!

"Remember only 3-5 sprays, August. That stuff is expensive!" I yelled after him.

"I know Mama. I'll buy you some more cuz Imma be in hea' fa' a minute." He said, walking as fast as he could to the bathroom to prevent defecating on himself.

Ew.

"I'm going in the living room until you're done." I grabbed all my phone and went into the kitchen. Whatever I left in the room, can stay until he's done. Although I may not smell him, I do NOT wanna hear it because I have a feeling that it's diarrhea.

I guess while he's blowing up the bathroom I can make him some lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bug, are you okay?" I knocked on the door. He's been in there for almost 45 minutes.

"Yeah. 5 more minutes." He said weakly. My poor baby. I really hope this recipe Maw Maw gave me will work. I don't like seeing him like this.

"I'm finishing up your food. When you're done, just let me know when you're ready for it. Do you want orange juice, water, or Gatorade?" I asked him through the door.

"Juice." That's all he's been saying lately is one words which isn't like August. He's so talkative you have to beg him to shut up. He says his body hurts so he doesn't like saying too much.

"Okay. I'll have it on the night stand." I said before walking away from the door to get his juice.

By the time I turned off the stove, fixed his juice and come back to the room, he was laying on the bed on his side, cuddling my bear, the same bear my Daddy gave me that always made me feel better.

"I'm gonna have to get you a bear because you can't take mine." I joked, setting his juice.

He opened his tired eyes and gave me a crooked smile. The first smile he's given me all day.

"You weren't hea & yo bear was. Smell like you." He said in his raspy voice.

"Well I'm back but I'll only cuddle with you if you agree to eat your food in the next 25 minutes. & I know you're hungry because you just let everything out in the bathroom." In return he just nodded his head & moved the bear out of his arms.

"Drink some juice before we lay down, baby. I don't want you getting dehydrated." I handed him the juice with the bendy straw in it.

He drunk about half the glass before opening his arms again.

They weren't lying when they say that men are the biggest baby when they're sick.