Chapter twenty-seven

Sitting in the restaurant I opened my heart and told her everything. Being able to finally open to someone, felt as if a massive weight had been lifted off of me. May be she was old but she was wise. Just having her listening to me rambling on and on without judging me, was just what I needed. After I had finished rambling on and sobbing she finally spoke up.

 “Alicia, I think you need to let him explain himself. I understand that you’re hurting but by what you have just told me, it sounds like you’re not the only one. Darling he’s hurting too and by what I have seen today, I can tell you now that the way he held you so protectively and spoke about you, he loves you too. Yes, there are lots of obstacles that you’re going to have to face but true love is never easy, no matter what. Love is full of obstacles just like life is but it’s those ups and downs that makes your love for each other stronger.”  She stopped then and took hold of my hands in hers.

“Now, I want you to call him now.” I was just about to cut her off but the stern look she gave me had me biting my tongue.  “As I was saying, you are going to call him now and arrange to meet him here tomorrow. Then tomorrow you will sit and listen to everything he has to say before you say a word. I will be here for you but at a distance.” Knowing she was going to be here for me, helped ease my anxiousness a little.

My hands were shaking like crazy as I pulled my phone out of my bag. Giving me an encouraging nod I dialled Timmy’s number. While it was ringing, in one way I was hoping he wouldn’t pick up but in another I wanted to find out what the hell was going on. “Alicia is that you, where are you? Alicia speak to me darling are you ok?” tears ran freely down my cheeks at I heard his panicked concerned voice through the phone. ”I’m fine Timmy.” I managed to get out through my sobs. I heard him leaving out a heavy sigh.

The little old lady (Rita) nudged me, to carry on. “Timmy can we meet and talk tomorrow?” I asked nervously. “YES” he blurted out. “ I can meet you now or tomorrow, where ever you want whenever you want. OH Alicia.” He left it there as I could hear him breathing heavily and I knew exactly how he felt because I felt the exact same.

 “Can we meet at the restaurant on the pier at two pm tomorrow?” I nervously asked. “Yes I will be there….. Alicia, Thank you for giving me a chance to explain myself,” The sincerity in his voice made me smile. “It’s ok” was all I could reply. I was too choked up to say anything else, so with that I said bye and hung up.

 “That’s my strong girl. See I told you you’d do fine.” Rita’s big warm motherly smile was back on her face, as she gave me another big hug. “Well I guess I better get myself back to work, otherwise I will be needing you to smooth things over with my husband back there.” She said pointing towards her husband who was looking stressed. The way she giggled as she spoke made me laugh.  

The next day I didn’t bother going into the office because I knew damn well I wouldn’t be able to concentrate. I was feeling so anxious about meeting Timmy that I had come so close to cancelling meeting him a numerous of times. Each time I picked up my phone I ended up seeing Rita’s disappointed face which made me throw my phone. ON top of that Lisa had called this morning as well asking if I wanted to meet up for a coffee which I politely refused. Using I had an important meeting as an excuse.

 I was hoping that after I had heard Timmy out that maybe I will be able to understand why Thomas had done what he did. Maybe I will be able to forgive him and Lisa and I could go back to the way we were. One way or another, after today I was going to have a talk with Lisa because I couldn’t stand the way two men had come between our friendships.

God I was one hell of a mess. I just hope to god that Timmy will tell me he chooses me and that he hadn't even slept with Sarah. Ha ha, as if, I thought to myself. I knew Timmy had a past and a big one at that but surely he wouldn't have slept with Sarah without protection. I wonder if Sarah had done something to get herself pregnant. Then again what would she have to gain by doing that? That's when I realised I still hadn’t had the chance to ask him about his job and what it was he did for a living. My guess is that he is a model and a damn sexy one at that.

***********************************

OMG Here we go, we are going to hear Timmy's confession.

It is going to take me a little longer to upload the next couple of chapters  as i don't want to rush it :)

Thank you all so much for all of your support Mel xx

Please share this book with your friends and family xxx