Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen  

The next morning I woke up to the worse headache ever. My swollen tired eyes were burning from crying so much last night. In addition, as much as I didn’t want to go into work, I had so much on today that I couldn’t just let myself stay in bed pitying myself. I had a wedding to pull off and just thinking of that wedding had me wanting to crawl right back under my covers. However, knowing that I would be ruining what was meant to be the best day of the Mc Cans life, I mentally slapped myself for even thinking of not turning up.

Once showered and dressed, I made a few last minute calls making sure everything was going according to plan. In the taxi on my way across town, I cursed Lisa and Thomas for setting me up last night.  Even though I knew it wasn’t entirely their fault that Timmy was a dirty rotten scumbag of a player, I still hated them for setting us up. Leaving out a heavy sigh, I shoved all of my personal issues aside, so I could focus on my work at hand.

The ceremony went ahead exactly as I’d planned, it was perfect and by the smiles on everyone’s faces, I knew I wasn’t the only one that thought so. Standing there watching the bride and groom standing side by side on the alter was tearing me apart piece by piece. I even began to wonder what I had ever done that was so bad to deserve all this pain.

That night I was exhausted, both mentally and physically. All day I had struggled to keep myself focused and in one piece. Usually I wouldn’t have to do the actual wedding, as I always made sure that I only did the planning, as I made sure I had my staff to take care of that. However, with everyone off, I was left with know other alternative but to do it myself.

 Needing someone to talk to, I called Lisa, after I finally decided to forgive her because I knew that deep down she thought she was doing me a favour. In addition, it wasn’t her fault that Timmy ruined the night because how was she too know he was going to go and do something like that.

After I told Lisa everything, she kept apologizing repeatedly. She even started screaming abuse at Thomas, telling him it was his entire fault. I felt bad for making them argue but Thomas knew what Timmy was like more than Lisa and I.  

About an hour and a bottle of wine later, we said our goodbyes and hung up. I felt so much better that I had spoken with Lisa; I guess that’s why we were best friends because no matter what happens we were always there to pick the other one up. Well poor Lisa is always there to pick me up more like, I told myself.

 Just as I was heading off to bed, there was a loud knocking at my door. without even stopping to think who it was, I went an answered it, but as I opened the door, nobody was there. Thinking I was losing my mind, I went to close the door but stopped when I noticed a big brown teddy bear holding a red rose and a card on the floor. Picking the teddy up and then the card I brought them back inside with me.

 Before closing the door fully though, I had one more quick look around but there was nobody insight. Closing the door behind me, I took the teddy back to my bedroom with me. Flopping down on my bed I pulled the big teddy bear close to my chest, it was adorable. Pulling the card out, I opened it up only to be left, gob smacked.

My dearest Alicia

Please tell me what I did that was so wrong for you to up and leave me as you did, please.

I really hate that I have upset you; whatever I did, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.

I hope you will talk to me soon.

Love Timmy xx

As I read and re read the card, I started to feel guilty, was I just over reacting. Then I pictured the way Timmy and that girl smiled at each other, while flirting as she literally threw herself at him. Then there was the way he stared at her perfect breasts as if I wasn’t even sitting there, and then on top of that there was the exchange of numbers. With my mind so mixed up and my heart all over the place, I really didn’t know what to do or even think for that matter. The connection between us was strong but was it strong enough for me to put up with his selfish player ways or would I just end up like all his other one nighters, I asked myself.

In bed, I tossed and turned as I did the first night I had met Timmy. only this time it felt so much worse knowing I had upset him, but then he upset me too, I told myself.

Damn you know that saying, ‘love hurts’ is so bloody true, I mentally screamed. 

Getting up the next morning was a struggle as I hadn’t manages to get a wink of sleep with my head being so mixed up. With the teddy still held close to my chest I picked up the little piece of paper and began reading it again, for what must’ve been at least the hundredth time. I could literally read it word for word without looking at it but by looking at it, it was as if I could picture Timmy writing it. I thought hard on what I should do but what killed me the most was knowing no matter what I decided to do I was going to be hurt one way or another.

 Last night I had even gone as far as thinking of moving away but then realised how stupid I was being.  I needed to sort whatever this thing was between Timmy and I and soon because if I didn’t, I was only going to sink back into my depression. Leaving out a heavy sigh, I pulled my self out of bed and walked into my ensuite.

Stripping off my clothes I stepped into the shower hoping that the hot jets of water would some how make everything better. However, it didn’t work. All this over thinking was starting to drive me insane and although I had, no meetings scheduled or even any wedding that needed my attention, I decided to go to my office at least that way I would be able to come up with something to take my mind off Timmy.

**********************

Aww bless now Idon't know what to think lol

I hated Timmy but omg that was just so sweet xx

I hope you enjoyed xx