Chapter four

Once I managed to get myself under control, I looked up only to see Lisa storming out of the kitchen while moaning in pain. "OH Lisa, I thought you would be used to these hangovers by now." I shouted up at her teasingly but got not reply, not that I expected one, ha. Lisa went out almost every weekend so I couldn't work out how the drink had affected her so bad last night.

The entire day Lisa stayed in bed while I done everything to distract myself from thinking of what could have been the most amazing night of my so boring life. Therefore, here I am now trying to get Lisa out of bed so we can go out to eat. "Please Lisa if I stay in here cooped up this apartment for one more minute, I swear I'm going to crack up and I'm starving." I whined, well pleaded. "OK I'm up, you happy now?" I knew she was just being sarcastic but I really didn't care at this point, because I was starving. "Good, now come on." I shouted over my shoulder as I went back to my own room to get dressed.

A week had slowly dragged by and I hadn't seen nor heard from Timmy at all, and although I had only met him for a few hours, I had grown to like him a lot more than I should've. I've spent the entire week mentally cursing Lisa for taking me out and introducing me to him in the first place. However, I knew deep down it wasn't her fault but it was the only way I could manage to take my mind off him and if that meant being angry with her, then so be it, I told to myself.

Today I had to go away for a week for some meetings that where to be held in different states. I owned my own wedding planning company called Alicia's, which I have to say I loved. However, right at this minute, I was dreading it. As I really wasn't in the right frame of mind to hear, let alone see, happy couples planning their fairy tale weddings. I know I'm pathetic but I have never felt like this let alone acted this way before. I was like a lovesick puppy pinning for someone I had only met for a couple of hours.

Hearing a horn blaring non-stop, I began mentally cursing Lisa. Picking up my bags I quickly made my out of my apartment before all my neighbours started complaining. Locking up my door I quickly made my way out to Lisa. "Damn girl cant you stop making that racket I have to live here you no" I shouted at her, "Hey it's not my fault that you can never be ready on time. I've got another photo shoot to get to so hurry you short ass up," she screamed back. Not in the mood to start a fight, I shoved my bags into the backseat before jumping into the passenger seat. Before I even had, a chance to strap myself in Lisa went zooming off. "What's got you so rattled?" I asked whilst gripping onto my seat as if my life depended on it and believe me the way she was driving my life did.

"I'm sorry ok, I'm just having a really bad day. No scrap that, a bad bloody week!" she said sounding more frustrated. "Want to talk about it?" I asked. "No thanks I'll live. I just need to get through this next photo shoot then I can have a couple of days off." she replied sounding like she couldn't wait for today to end. She skidded up on to the curb right outside the airports main entrance. "Well have a nice time but remember to call me the minute you land ok" damn this girl is starting to act more like a mother every day, I thought to myself laughing. "Yeah I know the drill." I said trying to lighten her up a little. "And don't you forget it!" she replied sternly, but then burst out laughing. "I won't. Lisa promise me you'll chill out for the next couple of days ok and when I get back we will have a good old girlies night." I told her. I really hated leaving Lisa like this but I had too because if there was any way out of these meetings I would've already cancelled.

Landing back in LA after a week of pure an utter hell, to say I was pleased to be back home was an understatement. Every happy couple irritated me too no end and the way they fussed about with their partners, seriously drove me insane. Usually that's what I loved about my job. The love the romance the whole works.

Although, eighteen months ago I was planning my very own wedding, only to be left standing at the alter, without a husband to be, as he had chickened out at the last minute and ran off. However, none of that seemed to matter to me anymore. No Timmy was all that seemed to matter and as much as I tried to get some information out of Lisa without letting on that I liked him, it was like trying to get blood out of a stone.

Walking through the airport with my suitcase in tow, I began to search for Lisa. She had promised me last night that she would pick me up, but seeing she was nowhere in sight, I headed towards the exit. Whilst hoping to god that she was waiting for me out side. All I wanted to do right now was curl up in my bed and sleep.

As I walked through the gigantic double sliding doors, I could see Lisa with her body hanging out of the window of her car screaming and waving like some crazy woman. 'I love this girl' I thought to myself laughing. I could feel my cheeks burning as everyone seemed to stare between Lisa and I but as embarrassing, as it was, it was hilarious.

After hugs, we finally got onto the freeway and as happy and energetic as Lisa was, I knew something was wrong. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked feeling slightly concerned. "Oh nothing you know work and stuff." She tried brushing me off.

"Ok let me rephrase myself, spit it out now." I said more sternly knowing that was the only way I was going to get what ever was wrong with her, out of her. "Well...well..Hmmm." "LISA." I repeated.

"Ok well I went out and something happened that shouldn't of and now I...I... don't know what to do." She said looking torn, guilty and there was another look in her eyes but I didn't know what it was. "Come on Lisa it can't be that bad." I said trying to reassure her, but reassure her of what I still hadn't a clue. "Please can we just leave it.?" she asked, well more like pleaded. Being the bestest friend ever, I changed the subject and asked what's she's been doing since I've been away instead.

The hour-long drive seemed to take forever, as the tenseness that filled the car, near enough choked me. "I have to get back to a photo shoot but I'll see you tomorrow ok?" she said, although it came out as more of a question. Just needing my sleep, I brushed it off again and shouted back a quick 'yes followed by a quick goodbye.

*******************************************

What do you think is wrong with Lisa?

With Alicia back home what  do you think the chances of her seeing Timmy are or do you think he could be over her already?

let me know what you think

All my love Mel xx