Chapter twenty-three

Over the next week, I constantly buried my head deep into my work, as I repeatedly fought to keep my mind off Timmy. I had even managed to take on some more weddings and was now fully booked up. Which was great as that meant more work and less time to think. I had spoken to Lisa but not as much as I would've liked because whilst talking to Lisa I had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't say anything about what had happened.

I was so angry that Thomas was with Timmy when they picked me up from my office. What angered me more though, was that Thomas had to of known that Timmy was taking me back to his place. How could Thomas just up and leave me alone with Timmy when he seen my drunken state? I thought he would've been the one to look out for me with being Lisa's best friend an all, but I guess at that moment in time he was more interested in being there for his friend.

.

My phone buzzed causing me to snap out of my inner thoughts. Pulling it out of my purse, I looked at the ID caller display. Seeing that it was a withheld number I felt reluctant to answer it but seeing whoever it was, wasn't going to give up ant time soon, I finally caved in and answered.

"Alicia please don't hang up on me." my heart sped up at the mere sound of his deep husky voice. I wanted to hang up, I did, but my hand wouldn't move. "Alicia please my love say something?" he spoke up again sending shivers all over my body. I want to tell him to go to hell, I wanted to scream and shout at him for playing me the way he did but I couldn't even open my mouth to speak. I loved him but he was tearing me apart.

The way my body and mind reacted to him, was as if I had no control over myself. I wanted to hate him but as much as I tried I just couldn't. That was why I had been working myself until I fell asleep every night. I needed the distraction, and by him calling me wasn't helping me to forget him in the least.

"Alicia; can we meet up please? I really need to talk to you but I don't want to do it over the phone." He said sounding nervous but I could hear the desperation in his voice. It was as if us being apart was killing him, as much as it was killing me and as much as I wanted to give in to him, I couldn't. I needed to stay strong and on that thought, I had finally snapped out of the trance like state he had put me in and hung up.

My phone rung and rung for the rest of the day making me switch it to silent, because I had come so close to caving into his charming ways. I knew that if I had heard his voice once more today, I wouldn't have been able to stay away. That's how much of an effect he had on me. I hated him for making me feel like this and I hated Sarah for being the one that he had decided to settle down with but what I hated the most was that he was still calling me knowing damn well he was going to be a married man in less than two months.

Lying in bed, I looked at my phone only to see twenty missed calls and untold unopened messages. I felt so exhausted and even though I wanted to read and hear Timmy's messages I knew that if I heard his voice now, I was going to go running back to him. 'I'll read them in the morning' I mentally told myself before my eyes closed and I fell into a deep sleep.

Another week had passed and I hadn't heard from Timmy at all. After ignoring his calls and texts for three days, he finally gave up on me and as much as it relieved me, it hurt. I thought that by the way, he was calling and texting me that maybe he really did like me and that this marriage wasn't what he wanted. Then I thought better of it, as I knew damn well that if Timmy wanted something, he would get it and vice versa. He was a strong and determined man and would never do something unless it's what he wanted.

Looking at my appointment schedule for the rest of the week, my heart sunk as I caught a glimpse of Timmy and Sarah's names.

Mr Timmy Thorne and Ms Sarah Hayes appointment set for Friday five pm.

I knew we were going to have to meet again but nothing in this world could have prepared me for this. I still had two days but I knew right there and then that my mind was going to be stuck purely on them and our meeting.

The rest of the day, I spent working on their wedding and to say it killed me would be an understatement. Sarah wanted the best of everything even down to the flower arrangements and with money not being an issue I gave her everything she wanted.

While I worked, I blocked out that Timmy was the groom and concentrated on Sarah alone, not that I liked her. Then again, I couldn't even hate her really, because I didn't know her. However, I must admit the way she talked, well more like squeaked was enough to hate her but I wasn't the sort of person that judged a book by its cover, so to speak.

As my mum always told me, "Alicia don't judge a person by there looks, get to know them and only then can you judge them." I knew my mum would have been ranting at me now for hating Sarah but it was hard not to hate her when she held the heart of the man I loved. Leaving out a heavy sigh, I decided to get out of the office.

Walking out of my office, I decided to go for a walk to clear my head before going home. However, with the sun shining with very little to no wind, made me change my mind and flag down a taxi. Thinking that maybe a long walk along the beach would rid my mind of Timmy and Sarah, even relax me a little.

***********************

I'm going to try an upload again in the next couple of days :)

Hope you're enjoying Mel xx