Chapter Twenty-four

WOW Can you believe this!!!!!

ChickLit #8 / General Fiction #10

Thank you all so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If I haven't replied to your comment it's not because I didn't want to. Wattpad is playing up tonight so to all of you that commented on the last chapter, thank you so much! Mel x

Chapter Twenty-four

It wasn't long before I could feel the salty sea air blowing in my face. Sitting on the little wall, I slipped my shoes off and stepped down onto the sand. The sinking of my feet in the warm fine grains of sand, it was as if all my worries and stress had disappeared with just that one step. Between the rhythmic sounds of the waves, crashing against the shore and the seagulls squawking it was so peaceful that for the first time in weeks it was as if I didn't have a care in the world. However, like all things in my life that was short lived, as a screaming Lisa came running towards me.

As she leaned into hug me, I felt someone come up behind me. "Hello Alicia." The calmness I was feeling only seconds ago was gone. I could feel my blood starting to boil as I knew it was Thomas before I even seen him and all I can say it's a good job that Lisa still had her head buried into my shoulder otherwise she would've seen the anger clear on my face. Taking in a deep calming breath, "hey," I greeted them both.

Thomas was now facing me and I could tell by his face that he was studying me to see how I was going to react. I bet he is waiting for me to blow up or something but I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of seeing what him and Timmy had done to me, let alone in front of Lisa.

Lisa leaned forward and took hold of Thomas's hand whilst linking her other arm with mine. I was about to refuse but seeing how happy she was I just couldn't do it to her.

'Oh please god kill me now!' I thought to myself as we started walking up the beach chatting away as if every thing was perfect.

Lisa talked about the baby mostly whilst Timmy and I stayed silent. I did answer her every now and then but other than that, it was just Lisa doing all the talking. Thomas was clearly feeling the tension between us because he hadn't looked or even spoken one word to me since he had greeted me.

'Good I hope you feel guilty you heartbreaker set up.' I screamed mentally.

Throughout Lisa's chatter I prayed to god that she wouldn't bring up the night Thomas picked me up from the office. Every time the conversation was turning in my direction I quickly redirected it back on to Lisa.

After about an hour of us walking and talking, Lisa had had enough and to be honest, that hour felt like the longest hour of my life. However, not because of Lisa, it was because of Thomas and the way he was acting. I was so dying to give him a piece of my mind and the longer we walked together, the more frustrated I was getting.

We said our quick goodbyes and then went our separate ways. Lisa had offered me a ride but like hell, I going to spend another second alongside Thomas's lying ass. I did feel bad for Lisa but I knew if I went in their car, I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue any longer. I bet I've even bitten chunks out of it just by walking with them.

I watched as they walked back up the beach and as soon as they were out of view, I began walking back towards the pier. I wasn't ready to go back to the office yet, let alone go home, so I decided I would eat out tonight. Remembering the little restaurant that Lisa and I used to go to every time we came to the beach, I became excited. That restaurant gave off such a warm and welcoming homely feeling from the moment you stepped through the door and the little old couple that owned it were the nicest couple you could ever meet.

As I reached the door, a wave of excitement flowed straight through my body. The little old woman was standing there to greet me as she has always done. She showed me over to a booth that had the most fantastic view of the sea. Taking a seat, she took my drinks order before walking away. My eyes were glued to the view until I heard that sexy husky voice that always seem to send my entire body a light.

My body shivered as he continued to talk to whom ever it was that he was with. My heart was accelerating faster and faster with every word he spoke. I tried not listen inn but it was impossible.

The view before me no long held that peaceful calming feeling as all I could concentrate on now was Timmy's voice. I left out a breath when I heard a male voice reply him. He wasn't with Sarah, I sighed feeling in someway relived that I hadn't had to face seeing the two of them together.

"Here's your drink dear is there anything else I can get you?" she asked. I already knew what I wanted because it was what I had ordered every time I came here. As much as I wanted to get out of here there was no way on earth that I could walk out of here without him seeing me, so after getting of the shock of him being here I decided to suck it up and stay.

"Could I have the scampi chips and salad please?" I asked politely and as soon as I opened my mouth, I could feel his eyes burning into the side of me, making my stomach flutter nervously. While other parts of me began heating up to a stage where I thought I was literally going to burst into flames at any second.

I sat there nervously waiting for him to come over and every second, that ticked by had me crumbling more and more inside. I kept wondering what I would say to him if he did come over. Would I give him the chance to explain himself or would I just ignore him. As much as I would like to say the latter one, I knew in my heart I would hear him out, even though I didn't want to.

My thoughts ran back to the dreams I've been having since the morning I had ran out of his house, making me question them even more than I already had. Were they just dreams or did the events of us two making wild passionate love really happen. Then again that was something I knew I would never find out, as I wasn't going to come right out and ask him no matter how much I wanted to know. Playing nervously with my hands while the sweat dripped from my forehead I wonder what the hell I was going to do. I could still feel his eyes on me and all I could do was sit there and pray to god he would hurry up and leave.