Chapter twenty-two

Chapter Twenty-two

I was slowly starting to remember little pieces from the night before but for the life of me, I still didn’t know whether I had slept with Timmy or not.  I didn’t feel any different and surely, I would’ve remembered considering how much I liked him. Then again, I was so drunk that I could’ve done anything and not remembered, I thought to myself. Leaving out a heavy sigh, I walked into the kitchen and made myself an extra strong coffee. Taking some painkillers, the pain in my head slowly started to subside.

I had slept the entire day, right through to the following morning. My eyes were swollen and sore from crying so much but at least my headache had finally gone.

Stepping into the shower, I stood there until the water ran cold. It was as if my mind and body had separated but I pushed through knowing I had to go into work. I didn’t know if I had any meetings planed or not but I knew that if I didn’t get out of the house now, I would end up never wanting to leave.

Walking into my office Leeann came running up to me. Her face looked panicked and as I took a look around the office, I noticed that all of my staff were wearing the same panicked stricken face. My palms began to get clammy as my thoughts went straight to Timmy and Sara. Were they in my office waiting for me to arrive, if so I was going to run out of here now, I anxiously told myself.

I could just about handle being here and there was no way in hell I was ready to face them right now, business or no business. “Alicia, are you ok? We have all been worried sick about you. The security guard said you were very drunk and that two men came and took you home and your office looks like it had been ransacked.” She said with her eyes watering. I felt so bad for letting everyone worry so much about me. However, I felt even guiltier for ignoring all her calls.

“I’m so sorry Leeann. I really didn’t mean to cause any of you to worry. I was just having a very bad day and needed some time alone.” I said hoping this would ease all of them. I silently prayed that they wouldn’t ask any more questions but by the relief on everyone’s faces as well as Leeann hugging the life out of me, I think I can safely say. I was safe for now. 

Once I was in my office, the disgusting smell of alcohol had me near on heaving. “ I cleaned up as much as I could for you.” Leeann timidly told me from behind. “Thank you Leeann for everything you really are a great friend.” I told her, because over the last few weeks we really had become closer.

 “Hmm…. Alicia, that new wedding you took on.” my blood suddenly ran cold again as my heart felt as if it had came to a near on stop. “Yes” I croaked out knowing I had only took on one wedding and that was the only wedding in my life I wanted to refuse. “I haven’t been able to finalize everything yet because of the dates and such short notice.” I could see she was nervous in giving me this information but to be honest I couldn’t care less.

 The only thing stopping me from making up some excuse as to why I can’t take on their wedding was knowing that Timmy would know the main reason. He would know it was because of us and I didn’t want to show him how much I had cared for him or should I say how much I still cared for him. In the back of my mind, I wished and hoped we had slept together and one day, I will be able to remember everything.

 Just thinking of the two of us making love, had my heart pounding heavily against my chest. I wonder what it would have felt like. Would he have made me feel all those special feelings you read and hear so much about. On the other hand, were all my thoughts and dreams just some built up fantasy. My door swung open with a bang snapping me away from my disturbing thoughts, thankfully though it wasn’t Timmy or even Sarah.

“Alicia why haven’t you been answering your calls, Do you know how worried I’ve been about you. I haven’t seen or heard from you since Thomas came and picked your drunken ass up the other night and took you home.” Lisa’s face was red as tears flowed down her cheeks. I ran over to her and hugged her tightly. Seeing her in such a state especially while she was pregnant had me wanting to slap my self for being so bloody inconsiderate.

‘Hold on Thomas picked me up’, I suddenly caught on to what she said.

 Therefore, if Thomas had picked me up surly that means he had taken me to Timmy’s or did Timmy take me back to his. Either way Thomas knew this but didn’t tell Lisa and better still, he must know about Sarah. Hell, he did know, I knew he knew. Who in their right mind wouldn’t tell their best friend that they were getting married. My blood boiled at the thought of my best friends soon to be husband, had been helping his best friend out to break my heart.

I wanted to tell Lisa but I couldn’t do that to her because in all reality, Lisa always reacted first then thought later and I knew if she was to know that Thomas had given me over to Timmy she would’ve killed him. Well not literally, but she would’ve caused him server pain. Let alone how long she would’ve given him the silent treatment. Knowing Lisa, she would have more than likely given him the silent treatment up until the baby was born.

Leaving out a shaky breath, I held her close and apologized. I needed to sort this out myself, I couldn’t keep relying on Lisa for everything. it was time I stood up for myself and faced everything head on. I was no longer going to hide behind her; I was going to get through this by myself. How? I hadn’t a clue but one way or another, I had to do this for myself. I have been too weak for far too long. Now it was time for me to grow some backbone and sort myself out as well as my life.

********************

OMG Thomas knew!!!!

How bad is that??

Poor Alicia :(