Chapter seventeen

Chapter seventeen

 Leaving out a heavy sigh, I began walking towards the car. Timmy didn’t follow at first but as I reached his car, I could see him looking down at his phone before he looked back up at me. “Are you coming?” I asked. My shouting seemed to have snapped him out of what ever he was thinking of as he began to make his way over to me. Unlocking his car, I began to open the door when he stopped me. “Alicia are you ok?” he asked seeming concerned. “Yep just fine.” I replied with a big fake smile. “Are you sure? I’m sorry I had to take that call but it was business.” He told me as if he was trying to explain himself. Not wanting to come across as a needy jealous girl, I just shoved all my thoughts aside and gave him a reassuring smile.

 “Timmy you don’t have to explain yourself to me. I’m just cold that’s all.” I said as I opened up the passenger door and got in. Timmy stood there for a second longer before he made his way over to the driver’s door. As he got in, I could tell something was on his mind but I also knew it wasn’t my place to ask.

The entire ride was in complete silence but thankfully, it wasn’t unbearable. Timmy stopped the car and got out; opening my door, he held his hand out to help me out. Taking his hand, I let him help me. “Well I guess this is goodnight then?” he said and he wrapped his arms around my waist leaning my head on his chest I took in the warmth of his body. “Thank you Timmy I had a great night.” I told him truthfully because up until my jealously kicked in, I really did have a fantastic time. “Can I take you out again?” he asked shocking me. I wasn’t sure what I should say because I really didn’t know whether I did or not but my mouth had already answered him before my brain actually registered what I was saying. “Yes I’d love that.”

Timmy’s face lit up by my reply. “Great well I’ll give you a call so we can arrange something,” and with saying that he leaned down and kissed me. It wasn’t a wild hungry passionate kiss, it was soft, almost loving. My body melted as he held me so close, as much as I didn’t want this moment to end Timmy stepped back leaving me feeling cold and lonely once again. “Goodnight Alicia”. “Goodnight Timmy” turning around I walked up to my apartment. Reaching my door, I took a quick glance over my shoulder only to see Timmy still standing where I had left him, staring at me. My heart accelerated as my breath caught in my throat. Our eyes locked and as much as I tried to look away, I couldn’t. The way that the light of the moon shone down on him made him look even more irresistible if that was even possible.

 The way he looked at me had me wanting to run over, grab his hand, and drag him indoors with me. Just as I was about to invite him in, he walked around to the driver’s door. Giving me one quick wave, he got back into his car and drove off.

After watching his car speed off into the distance, my heart felt as if it had gone speeding off with him. I really didn’t know how I felt but one thing I did know was up until that phone call, I was having the best night of my life. Leaving out a heavy sigh I walked into my bedroom quickly grabbing something more comfortable to change into I made my way into my ensuite.

After showering and changing, I walked back into my bedroom and jumped into bed. My mind ran over and over everything, Timmy and I did up to the phone call.  I wondered if it had something to do with work because I still didn’t really know what he did for a living. I had asked a number of times but every time we were other, wise interrupted or something else came up changing the subject. I made a quick mental note to ask Lisa tomorrow as it was far too late to ring her now, especially how her hormones are the minute she’d probably bite my head off, I thought to myself.

The next morning I was just walking into my office when Leanne came out of know where asking me how my date went. As much as I loved seeing, this new excited side of Leeann, I really wasn’t ready to poor my heart out to her.  “It went fine thank you Leann.” I replied, as I didn’t want to come across ignorant, as she was a lovely girl. Just as she went to ask more questions I quickly held my hand up and cut in. ”Leeann can we talk later as I really have a few important calls to make.” Her smile dropped a little but quickly reappeared. “I’m sorry Alicia, I didn’t mean to hold you up.,” she said as she made her way back over to her desk.

Sitting in my office, I awaited patiently until it reached ten o’ clock, so I could call Lisa. It was one minute too ten now and I really couldn’t bear waiting that extra minute. Pulling out my phone, I pressed speed dial and waited, after about the tenth ring Lisa finally answered. “Hello,” she greeted, but she didn’t sound her normal bubbly self, she sounded rough. “What’s the matter, you sound awful?” I asked her worriedly. “Morning sickness I swear this baby already hates me she replied and I could tell she was in tears.” I’m on my way; I'll be there in ten I said before hanging up. Grabbing my purse, I ran back out of my office. ”Leeann if you need me for anything just call me I’ll probably be out for the day.” I quickly told her.

Flagging down a taxi was easy thank god, as I was really starting to worry about Lisa. Yes, I know most women suffer with morning sickness during pregnancy but it wasn’t that that was worrying me. Lisa was one of those girls that never cried; well except from when she found out, she was pregnant that is. Everything was running through my head from Thomas leaving her too cheating on her. I didn’t think it could’ve been those two but that was all my crazy ass mind was coming up with. Seeing the taxi pulling outside Lisa and Thomas’s house, I threw the taxi driver the money and ran up to the front door. I banged on the door as I tried turning the handle to see if it was locked and it was. Banging again, the door swung opened revealing a hysterically crying Lisa. Before I could ask what was wrong she had literally thrown herself at me. Hugging her, I began walking her back into her house. After closing the door, I walked her into the family room and sat her down on the sofa. I quickly ran to the kitchen and grabbed her a glass of water. Handing her the bottle she thanked me in between her sobs. I sat there hugging her just letting her cry.  Seeing Lisa like this killed me, but whatever or whoever has made her like this was surely going to pay for it.

*****************************

I hoped you enjoyed

reading all your comments made me laugh. There are so many mixed feelings about Timmy its unreal lol

If you're a Timmy lover let me know :)

Mel xxxx