Seventy Eight

Avi ran his hand through Alex's hair, as Alex's head rested on Avi's leg. 

Scott and Mitch had gone to explore the hotel, also wanting to keep the hotel room quiet enough for Alex to sleep in. 

Which meant that Mitch was hanging onto Scott's arm as tight as he could, terrified to see any more lights flicker. 

Scott kept smiling, finding it adorable for some reason. "Hey... Babe?"

"What?" He asked quickly, clearly afraid.

"Baby... It's not that haunted, first of all. Second of all... You know that I'd protect you from whatever, don't you?"

"You can't punch a ghost, Scott."

"Well I can try can't I?" He responded, chuckling after. "You won't ever have to be scared, okay? I'll be with you all the time."

Mitch nodded a few times, clinging to Scott's arm.  "Okay... I, uh. I believe you. I'll try not to be scared."

*

Scott held Mitch's hand as they walked around the empty ballroom. 

Mitch was squeezing his hand tightly. "I don't think we're supposed to be in here."

"Why not?"

"Well, there's nobody else in here, so. I can only assume--"

"I'm just exploring. That's all."

Mitch was breathing heavily, as he looked around in every direction he could. "Scottie, I don't like it in here."

"Door's right there, babe." Scott gestured in front of them. "I didn't know you were so freaked out by ghosts?"

"I'm not freaked out, I just..." Mitch couldn't finish his own sentence. 

Scott smirked down at him. "Maybe just a little?"

Mitch glared at him, and started walking faster toward the door. "Yeah maybe."

Right around this time, Alex woke up from his nap.

He looked around the room, landing on Avi who was just resting behind him. 

Avi met his eyes. "Oh, welcome back. How are you?"

Alex just tipped his head. "Welcome..? What? Where's.. Mitchie?"

"Exploring the hotel with Scott, I think?"

"I hope they're okay? Mitchie doesn't seem to like it here."

"Yeah, I'm sure they're fine. I'm gonna text Scott that you're up. Are you hungry or anything?"

"Nah." Alex rubbed one of his eyes, turning over to press a kiss to Avi's shoulder before sitting up.

Avi watched him get up, grinning a little. "Hey, Lex?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you afraid of ghosts too?"

"Nah." He turned slowly. "Are you?"

Avi just raised an eyebrow. "Ya think?"

Alex pondered, and then laughed a little. "No. There are few things in this world that you're afraid of."

Avi stood up, and walked over to him. "Moving on from that topic... Are you gonna change before we leave?"

Alex was already going through his suitcase. "I got new jeans, and I want Mitchie to see them."

"Ooh, I'm excited to see them too."

Alex just giggled, grabbing the jeans out of his suitcase. He glanced at Avi, who was standing a little too close to him. "Are you gonna move, or..?"

"Am I bothering you?"

"Only a little. I just need some space." 

"What, you don't want me to help you?"

Alex glanced back again. "I can't tell if you're trying to seduce me, but I think I can handle my own pants."

Avi held his hands up in surrender. "Sorry. Personal space then."

Alex changed his jeans as quick as he could. "If I decide to change my shirt are you gonna watch me do that too?"

"Definitely." He responded without hesitation. "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know. I just." Alex shook his head. It shouldn't bother him, really. 

Avi stood behind him, as Alex changed his shirt as well. 

Avi stopped him halfway, once Alex's shirt was off. He slid his arms around Alex's waist, resting his forehead on Alex's back. "Am I allowed to compliment you?"

"I mean... Sure. But make it quick, or you'll make me uncomfortable."

"You're just... Really hot. Like, really really fuckin' hot."

Alex blushed a little. "You really think so?"

"Yeah I do. Like.. You're the sexiest man I've ever seen. And that's saying something because, I mean. Look at our friends."

Alex smiled a little, looking down at Avi's hands on his stomach. "Yeah.. Okay. Feel better? Can I put my shirt back on?"

"Just give me one more second." Avi mumbled, turning Alex around by the arm only to look at the front of him. He sighed quietly before speaking. "I'm just... So glad that all the scars and bruises have healed."

Alex glanced down, and then looked away. "Yeah.. Me too."

Mitch walked into the room abruptly, but stopped just as abruptly. "Oh! Sorry, my bad."

As he turned to scurry out the way he'd come, Avi spoke loudly. "Mitch, it's fine. Alex was just changing so we could meet up with you guys."

Mitch turned a little. "Oh, okay... Sorry, again. I should've knocked, I'm just a little on edge and I didn't think about it."

Scott wandered in behind him. "Don't apologize, babe. Just go charge your phone or whatever you were gonna do."

Mitch nodded quickly, rushing to do that as well, as if he didn't think he'd have enough time. 

Alex quickly put his shirt on, giving Avi a smile once he was done. 

As Mitch plugged his phone in, he glanced over. "Hey, those are super cute! I love those jeans, Allie."

Alex looked over quickly. "Thanks. I've been meaning to show them to you, but I just kept forgetting."

*

Scott decided to go exploring again, as the sky got darker. He'd waited until after dinner to bother Mitch about it, hoping a full stomach would make him easier to convince.

Mitch had just pouted at him. "But why? Can't we explore tomorrow? When the sun comes back to protect us?"

"We have plans tomorrow, babe. We're not just here to hang around a hotel."

Avi leaned forward at the table, after putting the bill back on the edge for the waitress to grab. "You guys going ghost hunting again?"

Scott answered first. "Maybe. Mitchie doesn't seem to be real into it."

Alex gave Mitch a smile, before speaking softly. "Aw, don't be nervous about it. If you don't want to do it, you and I could always go back to the room."

Mitch was still pouting. "But if you wanna go with them.. That's fine."

Avi scoffed at him. "You'd rather be alone in the haunted hotel?"

Mitch took a second to think about that, and then turned his frown to Scott. "This isn't fair."

"Babe, it'll only be for a little while. And if you really get scared, then we can all go back to the room together. Okay? It's gonna be okay." Scott reassured.

Avi chuckled a little. "Yeah. What's the worst that could--?"

Alex carefully but urgently smacked his hand over Avi's mouth. "Please don't. You'll get us all killed."

**