Seventy Seven

Scott proceeded to load up the back of the biggest car, with all of the bags they'd need for the short trip.

Mitch was sitting at the table, trying to rush through his homework so he wouldn't have to worry about it all weekend. 

After pulling up to the house, Avi walked into the garage since Scott had left it open. 

He passed off all the food he'd gotten. "Where's Mitch? I got his coffee."

Scott began to pack the food into the back of the car as well. "At the table, I think? Also you should probably go talk to Alex."

"Why? What's going on?"

"Just go talk to him, man."

Avi just shrugged, and went to do so although he stopped at the table to give Mitch his coffee.

Mitch gasped loudly, snatching the coffee quickly and turning to Avi with a grin. "You're such a blessing, thank you."

Avi nodded once. "Yeah, anytime." He hurried off toward his bedroom, wanting to know what was going on with Alex. 

He knocked once, and then rushed in. 

Alex was tossing clothes into a bag, but he turned and gave him a smile. "Hey."

"Hey, Scott said I needed to come check on you? Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I fell a little while ago, but yeah I'm fine."

"Fell..? What do you mean..?"

"I slipped in the shower, that's all."

Avi walked a little closer. "Shit, Lex. That's dangerous, are you okay?"

"Yeah." He considered lying, but decided against it. "I hurt my arm a little, but it's not a big deal."

Avi knew better though. Alex can't really be trusted when it comes to pain. "Let me see."

Alex just blinked at him. "Aw, Avi.. Why?"

"Because I don't know if I believe you."

"Yeah... That's fair." Alex stuck his arm out toward Avi. "But there's nothing for you to see, really."

Avi grabbed his arm, glancing down at it. "So what exactly happened..? You fell and..? Did you hurt your arm trying to catch yourself?"

"Yeah. I think it was too much impact on my wrist."

"I wish you would've told me. I could've grabbed you a wrist brace while I was out."

"I don't need one. I'm sure it'll be fine."

*

The car ride wasn't bad. Now that Mitch had gotten his coffee, he was in a much better mood. And that made things ten times easier on Scott.

Mitch now sat in the passenger seat, singing loudly to every song that came on the radio. 

Avi was eating some kind of snack, holding one of Alex's hands as they sat in the back of the car. 

Avi was the first to speak in a while. "Hey, Scott..? Did you read anything about this hotel? Because like... Google says it's haunted."

Mitch immediately turned the radio down a little. "Scott Richard, I swear to God. You know how I feel about shit like that."

Scott's posture slumped a little as he let guilt overtake him. "I--I know, but... I was trying to cheer Avi up, and that's the kind of shit he's into."

Mitch sighed loudly, and then turned to look at Avi. "Like, how haunted are we talkin'?"

Avi decided against lying. "Uh.. Just like, moderately."