Chapter 4: A Deal for a Cause

Your Point of View

Screams... Cries... Sobs...

Those are the only things that I could hear. All of those painful sounds filled the air as I felt a tear falling from my left eye. What a pity. I am crying again because I couldn't do anything.

How I wish I could do something. How I wish that this was just a nightmare and I would wake up at any time.

But sadly, I am not. This is real, that I am just a useless burden, just hoping that a miracle would happen. And I hate it. I hate to admit that all I could do is watch my mother being raped and tortured by three men, touching and treating her like a rag doll.

"Hey, lady, why don't you moan? Don't be shy...I want you to scream my name."

" I'm dying to hear that cute voice of yours, Suzainne. Come on,"

"You like that? Want more, bitch? Here you go!"

Those obssesed men murmured, making me feel sick and sorry for my mother at the same time. Those perverts...

"I would let you do anything to me, but please... Don't ever do anything to my daughter. I am begging you..."

My dearest mother...

I am very sorry...

I couldn't fight. I'm not as strong as my sister. I couldn't fight like she does. I am...I am completely useless. I don't deserve this. My mother doesn't deserve this.

I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, I wanted to move, but my body won't me. It's like I am frozen inside a big ice block. It's like that I'm numb. I couldn't feel anything anymore.

From that moment, I thought it was already my end. I thought that I was next to death.

But no, I wasn't.

A black-haired kid who is at least 10 years old busted inside the room that my mother and I were in.

"Hey, I came here to buy my breakfast for this morning in this store..." He startled, making the three men stop for a while, shocked.

"But it seems like there's something else happening in here." The kid whispered, holding something behind his hands.

"Hey, little kid! A boy like you shouldn't be interrupting the grown-ups, eh? What if you go to somewhere else to buy your food? This place is restricted for children like you." One of those men mimicked, persuading the child to follow his conviction.

"Sure, man," The kid muttered, patting the man's shoulder.

"But I don't think that is essential. I'm not an idiot, you bastard." He whispered, pulling out a knife with fresh red bloods stained on it.

That's where I realized the kid stabbed the man at his stomach.

"Run," He uttered, catching the attention of the two men, who are ready to put up in a fight with the kid. He must be talking to me.

At first, I halted. I don't know if it's right to obey him. He was just a kid, and our lives are in danger at the moment. Even if he managed to kill the first man, no one knows what would happen to him next, since he is outnumbered by two. How...how will I even decide?

"I said run," He repeated, making my brain absorb the three words he spoke.

For one last time, I looked at my mother, who is crying and sobbing, making my heart break.