Chapter 5: Crossing Paths

Your Point of View

All of the scouts lined up because this fucking morning, that Keith said we are going to learn the basic of the basics today.

Wondering what I'm talking about?

We're gonna learn on how to use the Three Dimensional Manuever Gear or what they call 3DMG, in short.

I'm currently standing here at the Training Grounds.

And because of what just happened with that sparing with Levi, I've got to play soldier harder. This is insane, but well, according to what Levi said, a deal will always be a deal.

I'm the one who started it and lost, so I'm paying for the shit that I've made. At this rate, I totally screwd it all up. This is what I get for being a bitch.

"You useless shits, listen up! This place is where you gotta learn how to handle the 3D Manuever Gear, so that you've be ready to serve as food for the Titans! Those shitty failures will be sent to the Development Area." Everyone listened to Keith's motivation.

After years of waiting for his fucking speech to end, I've finally got the chance to ride on that metal or whatever you call those poles with the harness and shits on it.

After fixing the equipmets all over my body, a soldier lifted me up, causing me to concentrate on what I'm doing.

To my surprise, it was that easy. I'm hardly swinging at all. It's just like riding on a playground's swing.

And this is actually boring. I want to do stuff harder than this. Is this even training? What a piece of cake it is, huh.

I just waited for Keith to check if I'm ready to go, which is already authentic and obvious.

I searched for him so that I could get down from this shit, and surprisingly, I saw him with Eren Jaeger, who is upside down. Keith is scolding him.

Fuck, is it that hard for him to do this?  Then he's not fit to be a soldier, to be honest.

My trail of thoughts suddenly popped the moment I noticed that fucking Shorty is in front of me, watching.

"What the fuck, can you sometimes inform me if you are planning to ruin my day again?" My mouth automatically made its own statement.

Levi's eyes narrowed, saying something to me with his gray eyes. Did I say something bad?

Oh, my bad. Shit, I forgot about our agreement.

"Oh, I mean, Levi, Captain, how are you doing? I am currently training in here. Am I good to go?" I jokingly said. Fuck this, I surely look like a moron right now.

"Tch. You better shut your mouth. Who knows what will happen if I make them speechless." Levi mumbled.

I blushed. Shit, I've got the wrong thought. What the fuck is happening to you, (y/n)? Fucking stop!

I rolled my eyes then secretly covered my face with my braid, trying my best for him not to notice my red tomato face.

The hell am I thinking?! I shouldn't be acting like this in front of this guy!

To wash away my unwanted ideas, I decided to look for a distraction to forget about what Levi said.

I glanced again at Eren who just wouldn't give up, trying as hard as he can.

All I could say is that this man is truly determinated and confident, no matter how complicated the situation is. A definition of the word spirit.