Chapter 37: Erza Leonhart

A/N: This is a must-read chapter. 'Nuff said. Though it may be confusing because your backstory wasn't narrated properly yet. Please be patient.

***

Your Point of View

I was finally able to get out of that cell. You may be thinking that it's a good news, yeah but hey, to me it's a no.

I mean, who would want judgemental people and prosecutors to decide for your future or how much longer will you live on this world?

No one, not even me.

They're fucking correct, I must say. Erwin and his minions—not to mention Hanji and Levi, we're correct.

I have to go through this hell hole that Eren once had to experience.

But yes, of course I'll also be protected as much as possible just like how they managed to convince and make the judge believe that Eren is worth living.

Hanji told me that I don't have to face everything on my own. It's true that I can't be self-reliant all the time. Sometimes, you'll be needing someone else's help.

I believed in that. That is why today, I am here. Not because I was forced to, but because I chose to.

I chose to be dependent and accepted their offer of help to keep me alive.

If it wasn't because of Levi, I am pretty sure I am dead by now, because I couldn't find my purpose of living anymore. But he came to show me.

My bubbles bursted when I heard the loud sound creak of the door those guards opened for me, because I am chained at the moment.

Yes, just like Eren was. Deja vu.

We went inside. There you'll see what people usually see inside a court. And if you are wondering, yes, it was the same court Eren was brought to. Unsurprising, by the way.

I groaned when one of the Military Police's rat pushed my back to make me kneel down in front.

This is humiliating. I can't stand all those curious and despising gazes I am receiving now. Though I'm not looking at them, I can feel every citizen's intense eyes on me.

What? First time seeing a human-slash-Titan? I can tell most of them are the same people who were here when Eren was the one on my shoes.

Not my cup of tea, anyways. I should just ignore those ignorant souls. They surely don't know what's going on, and it's the same for me.

But dammit, how dare them react as if they knew every single thing about me? Pathetic motherfuckers.

Oh, I said I'll ignore them so I will.

I glanced at my right side. The commander, four-eyes, and the grumpy raven are there, standing and staring at me. I forced myself to not let out any face expressions. I kept my face blank.

But Levi really caught my full attention. Worry was written all over his face that anyone could tell.

What, he doesn't believe I can survive and pass this little challenge? Nah Levi, I've been through a lot. This one is no match from all the things I've encountered.

Darius Zackley will be in charge for the judgement for today. I just hope he won't be a foe but instead a friend for our side once again.

But it still depends on how this judgement will turn out to be.

Zackley once again introduced himself and announced what should be done today.

"Again, I won't beat around the bush." He spoke, slowly waving his hand.