Chapter 17: Envious & Jealous

Your Point of View

After that very, very long mission, we've finally managed to get back to the Legion's branch in the District.

It didn't last that long, though. We've got to move out immediately and go to the Survey Corps' former Headquarters because this morning, we'll be using that place as the hideout of Eren Jaeger.

Angry bird is under the custody of our forces and he would be one of us Survey Corps soldiers now.

I asked Levi Shortman to let me ride on a wagon instead of a horse, but he fucking didn't let me.

So here am I, trying my best for my eyelids not to fall asleep because I didn't sleep a wink in a whole span of 24 hours today, after that rescue on Eric.

To be honest, those Military Polices are fools. Like, did they even suspect a thing about us? We easily got out of that mess, thanks to their empty brains!

The only thing that we are bothered is that Eric is still under the Polices' eyes, and there's still a chance that he might get caught. Let's just hope not.

Ugh, it has really been a long, tough day. And it's killing me.

We are currently inside a small forest, riding on our horses with Levi's unit— that has one new member now, because Eren is with us.

My eyes can't fucking resist to close, and my mind is telling me to sleep already. Ugh, give me a bed right now, please. A pillow will do, though.

"(Y/n)! Wake up, sleepyhead. You can continue your dearest sleep later." Eric on my right side snapped his fingers when I almost fell off my horse because my eyelids are already falling.

I immediately opened my eyes and tried to distract and move myself more so that I could be saved from fucking sleeping.

But hell, it didn't work! Eric had to fucking wake me up multiple times so that I could be back on myself again.

Don't blame me, you know how much I prioritize and give importance of my sleep.

I noticed Petra and the others laughing at me, which made me glare at them.

They immediately stopped laughing and close their mouths.

Shocks, I am really acting weird.

I glanced behind me, finding a distraction or something to do with so my eyes won't fucking close.

I saw angry bird, and I could feel that Eren is seemingly nervous and anxious despite the fine weather.

That's when I started to wonder. What will happen if I would be next one to be in that state? I couldn't imagine that happening.

Oluo then started having a chat with Eren, but instead of joining them, I just ignored that. I am sick of that man copying Levi. He sucks.

Aside from that, I can't assure that I am still safe after all of the revelations and recklessness that I've made, that I shouldn't have been done. I am an idiot, I know that.

I've always wanted to keep my mouth shut, but my filthy tongue just won't. I couldn't prevent it from happening, though. I wanted to be me, but at the same time, I couldn't.

That's quite hard to understand, eh?

After some time, we finally arrived to our destination—the Survey Corps' headquarters.

But guess what? Instead of a beautiful, neat, and welcoming place, what greeted us is a dirty, filthy, and more like abandoned castle.

I smell something bad about this, and I don't want to hear it anymore. I just don't.