Chapter 2: A Soldier's Spirit

Your Point of View

Congratulations, (y/n)! You made your secret more vulnerable from anyone's sight. So proud of you.

Eric and I are currently on the Training Grounds, doing all those stuff Erwin mentioned to us earlier.

Yes, we're currently on the Training Grounds. But guess what? Instead of me using weapons and swords for battle, here was I, listening to all the shit Petra would say. Yeah, you heard it right. I'm walking with the person who spotted me back on the Storage Room, I'm with the person who was the reason why I got caught. And why I am here in the first place. Pathetic.

"Now that we're done doing all the things you must know when we are in an expedition and all those stuff, let me explain you the most important thing on battle." Petra introduced. This is the moment where boredom strikes me. Petra and I are walking for a couple of hours now, me listening and understand to everything she would say. Ugh, why the fuck did Erwin put me here? This is unfair.

"This place is where rookies start doing trainings and using their 3D Manuever Gear killing dummies. This activity will help soldiers so that they would know what scenarios might happen during an a mission or on an expedition. In that case, soldiers will be familiarize and will learn to strategize on how Titans may appear, react, or even sense when there are humans around them. Titans are unpredictable and scary for most of people, especially for those how already saw how awful they are. They might be an abnormal, an abberant, or just one of those average Titans. Usually, we hit the target on the back of it's neck, or should I say, their napes. I know you're already familiar with using the 3D Manuever Gear so I don't need to enumerate to you on how it works and how to use it. Are you getting my point so far?" Petra explained confidently.

If you are wondering, no, I'm not listening and I'm not trying to understand to everything she would say. Why would I? I am a hard-headed bitch, listening on Petra can do no good on me. She is just making things worse. I didn't even want to be in here. Fuck that Erwin. He must pay for this.

This woman just don't know who she's with. Even if I'm not into solider thing and it makes me sick, I do know stuff on everything she's trying to imply. In other words, I don't need her. What I need is battle, not enumeration and shit.

I sighed as I watch Eric to kill dummies using his 3D Manuever Gear inside a small forest. He swang through tall trees and branches. Erwin was the one who put him there. How I wish I'm in his position at this moment, too. I'm getting bored with the tutorial in here. Damn it.

"Hey (y/n), are you listening?" Petra asked the moment she noticed me looking at somewhere else, not bothering to glance at her.

I don't know if this girl didn't notice me earlier or she is that crazy. Didn't I make it obvious? I'm not listening to any shit. I can teach myself without her help. All I want is to try slicing the hell of those dummies off. 

But Erwin just wouldn't let me. I don't know why. He said he wants my skills to be improved, so why won't he try and test my abilities?

Speaking of Erwin, where is he at? I want to get out of here. Yeah, right. That's the only way to get out of this mess.

"I'm not. Anyways, where is Erwin? Tell him I want to try beating up those dummies." I teased, trying to make Petra upset. I want to let her know how much of a bad girl I am.

"I don't know where he's at. Anyways, let me continue what—" Petra stopped halfway when she noticed me walking away and going on Erwin's direction.

Finally, I saw Erwin watching Eric's performance on killing the dummies, puttting down some notes while listening to someone I assume an acquaintance of his on Erwin's left side.