Chapter 26: 57th Expedition

Your Point of View

I smiled at the memory that I am remembering. That is just one of the most fucking exciting missions that I'll take part of. Seriously.

But sadly, I don't think Eric is also a part of it, too. I didn't see him in the Commander's office that day back then. And I won't be able to spill any information about this, either.

We've been riding on our horses for almost an hour from now.

Still, our squad is the only position in the formation that is a hurdrend and one percent protected by the supply squad and the supply carts, which is hell boring because I want to do something or anything that is fucking connected to battle right now.

I pretty much hate it everytime I couldn't take part of the job I am compatible the most.

We've encountered a few Titans, but none of the soldiers in our squad have fought with the threats, because of what I mentioned earlier: our position is the safest place.

Thanks to Commander Erwin that planned all of these shits, I won't be able to fight this time.

Oh, but maybe I could, that's if I didn't answer his question that day.

But although all things are doing accordingly to what we have strategized, I would be definitely clueless if I did not answer his query back then. It's still an advantage that I did.

Surprisingly, someone—probably Erwin, fired a green round which means we need to relay the message.

And we'll be finally able to change course...capturing whoever that enemy we're up to.

"Smoke rounds. Green." Levi muttered, which I suppose giving the signal for us to spread the message ourselves.

"Oluo, you fire it." He commanded, bringing back his focus on the road.

"Yes, sir!" Oluo replied, getting the fire rounds attached on his horse's back then firing it.

Everything seems to be going fine at the moment.

Eric, Eren, Oluo, Eld, Gunther, Petra, and I, even if they would think that we are the elite of the elite, in this situation, we won't be needing to have a single scratch from the Titans nor a drop of sweat to waste.

"(Y/n)... What do you think is the reason why we're changing course?" Eric on my right side questioned, perhaps curious on what my opinion could be.

"Who knows...I don't give a fuck about it at all." I lied, making sure that I won't expose the smirk on my lips, since I know that he doesn't know about Erwin's plan.

Fuck being stupid, but this is fun.

"Why does your grumpiness have to occur unoccasionally?" Eric grunted, furrowing his eyebrows. He must be offended with what I just said.

I just concentrated on seeing the forest that we will enter, ignoring his response.

The battle is near.

"Message to pass along! Right flank recon has been destroyed! Our recon system is partially inoperative. Pass the word on, to the left." A scout reported, riding back to his position.

The right flank recon... They're the most likely to neet Titans along the way, and probably ended up being eaten.

Wait...assuming that the right flank has been destroyed, does that possibly mean that the enemy might have been there, too, leading a horde of Titans with him or her? But how can a person like that survive on that horde, anyways?

I don't think Erwin's theory is wrong. No one knows yet, though. Still, we're close finding out the truth.

Maybe that's the reason why they're continuing the plan, aside from the real motives behind this.

It's because the enemy finally showed up, and it wants Eren.

"Did you hear that, Petra? Follow the order." Levi glanced at Petra.

"On it." Petra left, going on her left direction.

My attention draw on the black rounds near on the right, fucking near our position.

What? Abberants have penetrated through here? What were the squads doing?

"(Y/n), you fire it." Levi awkwardly ordered, because he noticed that I am not listening although I do, my head isn't just turning around.

Instead of replying, I just simply fired the black round instantly, then focusing again on the way.

"What a mess. We let it penetrate deep into our formation." I heard Levi whisper.

Oh, I thought it was just me who always mumble things to myself and sometimes fucking shouting them out loud even if they were only supposed to be written on my mind, not into words.

---

I could feel the intensity all over my body as we get closer to the fucking blessed tourist spot—the forest consisiting high fucking trees.

Shit, why am I so hyped?

"Captain... Captain!" Eren shouted, calling Levi's attention.

"What is it?" Levi replied boringly.

"Well... We're in the middle of the woods! If the center enters alone, we won't know if Titans are approaching. It seems that something is coming from our right, though. How are we supposed to dodge the Titans or protect the carts?" Eren asked, obviously don't have a single clue on what's happening.

What the fuck. I can't believe how much of an idiot he is. I thought he knows better, and that he is smart.

"Don't go on and on about the obvious...Of course we couldn't do that anymore." Levi said, not bothering to look at Eren and putting his eyes completely on the road.

"T-then why?" asked Eren.

"Look around you, Eren. At all these big-ass trees...It's the perfect environment for 3D Manuever Gear." Levi started explaining.

"And try to use that fucking brain of yours... If you don't want to end up dying, think." Levi finished.

"Yes, sir!" Eren just agreed.

After a few moments, no one bothered to utter a single word. All of them took Levi's words seriously, judging by what I am seeing.

Oh, I almost forgot. They're clueless about our real objective... they're probably baffled.

"What the hell, seriously? Damn it all...What is going on here?" I heard Oluo mumble, not letting his tongue out. Perhaps he doesn't want it to bleed this time.

But fuck it, so I am the only one in Squad Levi that answered Erwin's question? Wow, I am starting to love myself. I am more soldier than I thought I was.

Another black round has appeared at on top us, which make my eyes wider.

Wait, an Aberrant has reached this far? How did that happ—

"It's from directly behind us! It's whatever was coming towards us on the right." Gunther warned, suddenly realizing that that something has gone through here—and it's near.

So I was right. It's also probably the one from the right flank. And now, it's here. Erwin's target...his prediction was right. I can't believe he was actually correct.

"Draw your blades. If we see it, it'll only be for a second." Levi stated, drawing his blades that made us do the same thing, too.

As the time passes by, the more harder footsteps can be heard.

And the enemy... has appeared, crushing one of our comrades.

For an instant, I knew it was her. The enemy...

I knew that the Titan-form that is pursuing us is none other than my twin sister.

Annie.