Chapter 21: A Transformation

Your Point of View

That day ended like a flash. I was ordered to help the scouts to investigate more about the case of the Experimental Titan Killings, or that's what I just wanted to call it.

Until now, I can't believe what Erwin just told me. His response on my answer piqued my interest. I'm excited on this secret plan we will execute the next few weeks.

I have a bad feeling with it. If there's someone I should be suspecting with, it is...Annie. I don't know why, but my instincts shouts out that she is the culprit. I already knew what she's capable of. Like...she did a thing on her sister! That is enough to suspect her for doing this.

But to be honest, I am pretty clueless on what happened afterwards ever since she fought and abandoned me.

I just abrasively rolled my eyes in irritation. I've been standing here for almost two hours, watching and guiding Levi and Eren who is discussing about the Titan things he should control and learn and here I am, doing nothing.

I tried to listen as much as I can. It's not much that I know about this titan power, anyways. Perhaps this sessions could help me more about it, although I hate it so fucking much.

What I hated more about this is that I always spot Levi staring at me as if I would escape if he would lose eye contact with me. What the heck? Is that how much he distrusts me? Or it's because of that time when...

Never mind.

"If we'll try to cut off your arms and limbs, it will only grow back like a lizard's. Creepy, really." Levi plainly said, a hint of sarcasm found in his voice, then glancing again to me.

True. That thing is really weird. I hope I could get to know everything about their origin. It's hard to be as clueless and as innocent as an unborn baby.

I looked at the blackboard in which Levi drew on. There is a—uhh, Titan that is coming out from a vagina— oh I mean, a vertical eye-shaped traces drawn over the Titan.

I couldn't seriously laugh at it, because it's the same here. There is no education in the Underground City, and I am afraid to show them my hadwriting. It's horrible, I swear.

It's just cute that his drawing fits his personality: horrible. But still, cute.

Wow, (y/n). You're really thinking that way? Congratulations for being a fool. You changed a lot since that kiss.

"(Y/n), we won't be needing you here anymore. Go rest—out, Abnormal." Levi announced, motioning me to go out of the room but not looking at me. I can't tell if he went awkward after that tongue slip.

Oh boy, here we go with the abnormal thing again. I hate teasing from now on.

But...rest? Is he concerned of me?

"At least work on your drawing, Shorty." My mouth suddenly spoke, which those words were only supposed to be on my thoughts.

But anyways, I'm not fazed about it anymore. It happened like a million times already, so why be surprised again and again?

This day is boring, actually. I am looking forward on something more interesting today.

---

Well, speaking of entertainment, Hanji suggested to make an experiment this late afternoon, using Eren as his subject to him to turn into a Titan. Maybe this is a kind of a Plan B, since those latest subjects were killed. I guess it's the thing that they discussed about when Levi said that I could leave already.

But the bad news is, we scouts weren't a part of this experiment with Hanji. Maybe because the other scouts here are still afraid of Eren is capable of?