Chapter 10: First Expedition

Your Point of View

Three years after the Training, a day before going to the Interiors.

---

The long wait is finally over. Because today is the day where I could finally get out of this hell.

Yes, you're damn correct. I'll be entering the Survey Corps' branch and join all of their expeditions and activities from now on.

I never felt this relieved and conscious before. Maybe this is how it really feels when you realize that you could be free-uh, kind of, if you know what I mean.

I could feel a lots of stares coming from the people around us as we continue to ride on our horses.

"Here's the Survey Corps!"

"I hope I could be like them, too!"

"Erwin kicked their Titan asses for me!"

"The strongest soldier of humanity, Captain Levi is here!"

I heard some of the fangirling and fanboying civilians shouted.

I could literally laugh out loud now! Whews, if they only knew what kind of a bastard that Shorty is. I wonder their reactions would be.

"Tch, could they shut up?" I heard Levi whispered when he heard such kind words from some stranger.

Wow, that's so humble that anyone would be offended when they attempt to compliment this bastard.

"Those people are stupid to even compliment you, Levi." I told him and he replied with a glare

"If they only knew how much of a clean-freak you are, heh, Female Levi?" Hanji cracked, glancing at her back to give me a teasing stare.

Which I already knew what she meant. What the hell. So she's acting like that just because I'm back now, huh? What a warm welcome. I'm grateful.

I'm back again, shitty-glasses. Get ready cause your bones would be crush into pieces if I'd be given a chance to hold them, you damn Section Commander Hanji Zoe.

We're heading beyond the walls today, which will be my first time outside these big cage.

And the first time I'm going on a real expedition as a part of the Survey Corps, though.

But I couldn't believe that Erwin would let a rookie like me join the elites.

As I've already metioned, I am no soldier. Until now, I'm still concerned about the "soldier spirit" thing.

Believe it or not, after this three-year training, I still haven't learned the meaning of that shit which kinda made me feel bothered.

I'm afraid that Erwin would bring me back to that hell which is unimaginable.

I stopped my horse when every soldier in front of me suddenly paused. We are probably waiting for the wall here in Trost District to open.

"(Y/n)!"

I glanced when I heard a familiar voice from one of the somewhat admirers around us.

It is none other than Eren, the angry bird.

Since Levi said that I would be entering the Recon one day earlier than them, basically, they would still work as trainees before they could go to their desired branches.

"Good luck on your first mission, (y/n). I'm pretty sure that you'll do great. You're second to the top of our class!"
He mentioned, praising me.