Chapter 12: Perfect Strangers

Your Point of View

Too many surprises to even handle at once. Just too many. When would all of these shit end?

I frustratedly sat on my chair in this trial court or whatever this is called because I really don't fucking care.

I wonder where Eric might be at the moment. Why does Erwin won't allow me to see him? He isn't my dad or something, and he doesn't have any rights from not letting us two meet again. He is a soldier now, isn't he? But where the hell is he on inside these walls?

I crossed my arms while waiting for this trial to start. This is getting more and more intense and nervous as the time continues to run.

I'm starting to doubt that Eren would be saved from this kind of situation. His chance of surviving from this hell is honestly futile. There's like one out of one-hundred probability that he'll survive. Just saying the truth.

Today, we'll be deciding on which branch- the Military Police or the Survey Corps, would take the custody of Eren Jeager, who has this ability to transform into a Titan. This ability of him were already proven strong and powerful, so of course, it is also dangerous.

"Oi, Abnormal," I heard Levi spoke in a monotone voice on my right side, teasing.

"What is it, Shorty?" I teased back.

Ha! So he thinks he's the only one who could call me such names? No, he better think twice to outwit me.

"Tch. Didn't I tell you to call me only Levi? I must be the one who would call you Shorty, because you are pretty shorter than me." Levi demanded, the smirk on his face unfading.

So he enjoys teasing me like this, huh?

"At least I am pretty, you pervert." Bullseye! What a good punch line I threw.

He didn't reply back then. I only heard a quiet "tch" from him, but he didn't talk any further. Checkmate.

Everyone inside this military court paused the moment the door of this room slammed open, revealing Eren who is immediately held by two guards to make him kneel down and attached to a metal pole.

Darius Zackley, the judge that is in charge of the control of the three branches: The Garrison, The Survey Corps, and the Military Police is the judge.

After introducing himself and the judgement that will happen today, the real shit had finally began.

"I will be direct." Zackley said, not removing his attention from the papers on his hands.

"As anticipated, concealing your existence has proved impossible. We must make your existence public in some form, or a threat to humanity than Titans may arise. What I will decide today is which force will have custody of you." He stated then paused.

"The Military Police? Or the Survey Corps?"

To be honest, I want Eren to be on our side. Not because I believe he could exterminate all the Titans. It's because I know that I could get more information about that.

"I ask the Military Police for their proposal."

I was listening to the Commander of the Military Police when a short man suddenly disturbed me.

"Abnormal, if you were me, what would you do?" He saked out of nowhere. Huh?

I tried to find the meaning of what he just had said, but I couldn't.

"What do you mean by what would I do?" I repeated his question for me to understand what he's saying.

I saw his mouth opened but then closed again when Zackley asked Erwin to speak his proposal.