{Whats Love?}25

Isabelle didn't go to school the whole week, but she did the following week

Isabelle didn't go to school the whole week, but she did the following week. But she was distant from everyone not wanting to speak to anyone. She acted like everything was fine but Peter saw right through that smile she gave everyone when they asked her if she was fine.

He would look into her eyes and he could tell that she's hurt. But Tuesday... Tuesday was way different.

Isabelle slowly opened her locker. "I love u Isabelle. Call me when u need me"

Was all she heard in her head. Monday, after school... her sister left. Which also meant Steve and Sam were gonna leave soon as well.

Isabelle didn't even try to act like she was fine. She grabbed her things and shut her locker. The young girl walked to her second class with her head down hugging to her things ever so tightly.

She walked in and sat at her spot not even looking to see who came in the room. Soon enough the bell rang and the teacher came in the room.

"Hello Class. Your English teacher won't be here today. So I'll be taking over for today. Um... just do whatever needs to be finished" The substitute said.

He sat down and 15 minutes through the class, he fell asleep.

Everyone went to talk to their friends, so Peter, Ned, and Michelle started talking and Peter would glance and the lonely girl sitting in the back of the class.

She opened her book but she couldn't read the words. So she just sat there staring at the page doing nothing else.

Class was about to end and the girl did absolutely nothing the whole time.

"U didn't see that coming?" "I love you Isabelle, call me when u need me" "i like u" "U will tear them apart on the inside" "You're the monster everyone says you are" "Isabelle, it's not your fault"

Her heart was racing and she was breathing rapidly. "Yea, my sister will be taking us" Someone told their friends. "My brother is so annoying" "My parents love u guys"

Isabelle quickly stood up grabbing her bag and walked out the classroom. Peter noticing, stood up and walked out.

Isabelle walked to her locker and opened it and saw pictures on her door. Of her and her sister. Her and her brother when she was younger. She noticed a picture of Josh in the back of her locker. She took all those photos out and ripped the one of Josh.

The blonde started crying and put her back against the locker as she slid down and sat down.

Peter saw Isabelle and slowly walked to her with worried eyes. "Belle?" She didn't even look up to see where the voice came from. She just continued crying looking at the photos with her siblings.

"Belle. Can u talk to me?" He asked and sat down beside her.

"She left. Everyone's leaving me. I'm losing everyone" She whispered.

"She was all I had left. And she's gone. She's not gonna come back"

Peter didn't know how to respond so he just sat there listening. "When I came here, I thought everything was gonna be fine. Especially once I made friends. But once I found out Steve, Sam, and Wanda were leaving, my life went a different a direction. And just when I thought my life couldn't get worse, it did. My heart is in pieces and no one can fix it" She said.

"U were the one who changed me so I let my heart open for anyone to come in. And when someone did, they broke it. This is a reason I didn't want friends in the first place." She said and finally looked at the boy next to her.

Peter then moved in front of her so he could look into her eyes. "Your life may not be the best. But I'm here and u shouldn't distance yourself away from me. Or Ned and Michelle. They are very worried about u but not as worried as I am" Peter said taking the photos from her and grabbing her soft hands.

"I can't bare to see u like this" He said. "I care very much for u. Just know that. Someone in your life cares about u so much and that's me." He said.

She smiled and Peter wiped the tears off her face. "U are very important to me" He said.

"Thank u for being there" She said as the two were leaning in. Peter looked at her lips waiting for them to connect his.

They closed their eyes and were getting closer each second. As they were seconds apart, the bell rang. Isabelle opened her eyes and backed away.

She grabbed the photos as Peter stood up and helped her up. "Feeling better?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yea. Yea. Much better" She said and put the photos back in her locker and left the ripped photo of josh on the ground.

"Let's go find Ned and Michelle" She said and he nodded.

For the rest of the day, Isabelle hung out with her friends but it was very awkward between Peter and her. She went home very confused and sad. "Hey Belle. How u holding up?" Sam asked.

"Just... Fine" She smiled. "U sure? This morning u left looking like u were killed and brought back to life, 3 times." He said.

She thought for a moment. "Sam. What is love?"

"What?" "What is love? And how does it really feel like?" She asked.

"Speak kid. What's making u ask this?" He asked as they walked to the couch and sat down.

"It's just that-" "Nvm. I can't talk about these things. Steve!" He called. Steve walked into the room. "Hey Belle" He said.

"Talk to Steve. I'm not good with this stuff" Sam said and walked out the room.

"What's love?" She asked. "Why do u need to know?" He asked and sat down on the couch.

"It's just that. With Josh, I had feelings for him. But it isn't how I feel now with someone else. With Josh thinking of it now, it was just a crush. Like he's there then gone. But, then there's this other guy. It feels more than just a crush. I want him in my life forever. Like I can open up to him, and I know he'll be there for me no matter what" She explained. "It's just different than what I felt for Josh"

"This person...He's really sweet and awkward and it's adorable. He's such a nerd. A dork. His smile lightens up the whole room. It lights up my whole world. I know him and he knows me. And he helps me through my problems." She said. "There's just more that I feel but can't explain"

"I think-" "Don't tell me what I think you're gonna tell me" Steve said smiling a bit. Isabelle smiled making Steve smile even more.

"I love Peter"